|Round||Application Submission||Optional Phone Interview||Decision Notification|
|October 25, 2022||November 5, 2022||December 16, 2022|
|January 10, 2023||January 21, 2023||March 24, 2023|
|April 4, 2023||April 15, 2023||June 16, 2023|
All Majors Accepted
Exam: GMAT or GRE
Demonstrated leadership, proven track record and potential for advancement
Contributions to career and community
Create Your Online Application
All applicants must apply to the FEMBA program online. The online application will walk you through each step. Note that there are three admission rounds, each with its corresponding deadlines and decision release dates. The application fee is $200.
*Application fee waivers are available to all US Military Personnel (active duty and veterans), Teach for America, UC Part-Time MBA Program Transfer Applicants, UCLA Anderson Riordan Programs Alumni and UCLA Staff. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission.
Order Your Digital Transcripts
Applicants must hold a completed four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university. We accept all majors and backgrounds. All corresponding official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (if applicable) must be ordered prior to submitting an application. Schools take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to send official documents, so please plan ahead.
Digital Electronic Transcripts
Digital e-transcripts are highly recommended and considered official as long as they are sent directly from your school(s) to us at email@example.com OR if you are ordering through Parchment select “UCLA Anderson Fully Employed MBA Program” as the recipient. This is our preferred way of receiving your official transcripts.
Physical Hard Copy Transcripts
If your school is unable to provide e-transcripts please have sealed hard copies sent to the address below:
UCLA Anderson FEMBA Admissions
110 Westwood Plaza
Marion Anderson Hall, Suite G6.42
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1481
Take the GMAT, GRE or Executive Assessment
All applicants must take the GMAT, GRE or Executive Assessment*. Any of the three is fine and there is no minimum score. For UCLA Anderson School of Management, the GMAT and Executive Assessment school code is 2NZ2F44. The GRE school code is 0727.
*The Executive Assessment is an option for applicants with at least eight years or more of full-time work experience.
Applicants with a PhD or MD may request an exam waiver that must be approved by the Assistant Dean & Director of Admissions, Dylan Stafford.
To request a waiver, applicants must begin an application, upload all academic transcripts and resume for review, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.
Update Your Resume
Applicants must submit an updated resume. The average work experience of FEMBA students is seven years, with all backgrounds considered.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are needed from individuals who are well acquainted with your performance in a work setting, preferably a direct supervisor or manager.
The recommendations provide us with third-party confirmation and insights into your achievements. You should choose recommenders who will support your candidacy with concrete examples of performance and impact on the organization.
- Questions from the online recommendation form are shown below and are for reference only.
- The Recommendations must be submitted online, not via hard-copy responses to these questions.
- You must register your recommenders, who then use the confidential online link they receive directly from our online application. Your recommenders also have the option to upload an additional document if desired.
- Only two recommendations are accepted per application.
- Ideally your recommendations should be from current direct supervisors or managers who are best equipped to answer questions about your leadership, communication, teamwork, initiative and other skills.
- If you are unable to ask a current supervisor for a recommendation, then you can ask a former boss, a manager from another department, or a consultant or client who knows you well enough to answer the questions insightfully.
- Academic contacts are not usually able to provide information on management potential. Similarly, family members, peers and friends are not appropriate as recommenders.
- Your recommenders' own titles or positions are not important - instead, their ability to comment knowledgeably and specifically about you is vital.
- Letters from contacts (including alumni) who do not know you well cannot add value like direct supervisors can.
Recommendation Questions and Topics*
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization.
- How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?)
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
*Please note: Questions and topics listed above are for reference only. Actual submission of letters of recommendation is done online, through the online application system only.
Please give the essay questions in your online application your full, undivided attention. The clarity with which you communicate your accomplishments and goals factors heavily in the FEMBA selection process.
1. Tell us about yourself and what you will bring to the learning community at UCLA Anderson. (500 word maximum)
2. What are your short and long term career goals and what aspects of UCLA Anderson will support you in achieving those goals? (500 word maximum)
Should the Admissions Committee be aware of any additional circumstances in your profile?
Please address any of these scenarios if they apply to you:
If you will be commuting from out of the area or relocating, please explain your plans.
If you are not employed full-time, please explain your current employment situation and your career search plan to be employed by the beginning of the program.
If you are currently enrolled in another graduate program (including MBA), please clarify your status in the program (standing, % complete, etc.) and explain your reason for wanting to begin UCLA Anderson.
If your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 or in a lower degree classification, please explain the circumstances around this.
Optional Phone Interview
After submitting your application, you will be prompted to register for an optional phone interview. Conducted by a volunteer current student or alumni, the interview affords you the opportunity to personalize your candidacy even further.
Reapplicants are those who submitted a completed FEMBA application within the previous two years (i.e., for the classes that began in fall 2019 or fall 2020) and received a final decision.
- Create a new application.
- Indicate on the Additional Info page of the application that you are a reapplicant.
- Submit one new recommendation.
- Please highlight any progress made since the prior application.
- Standardized test scores (GMAT, TOEFL and IELTS) previously reported will remain on file, though scores are subject to expiration dates. You may submit new test scores if desired.
- Required Reapplicant Essay
Please describe your career progress since you last applied and ways in which you have enhanced your candidacy. Include updates on short-term and long-term career goals, as well as your continued interest in UCLA Anderson.
- Admission Committee members see the entire previous application to provide context.
“I am constantly amazed by the range of experience my classmates have. There are doctors, lawyers, executives — many of my peers are on their third degree, and I think that really speaks to the quality and drive of the students at Anderson as well as the caliber of the program.”
The Walt Disney Company
Top 5 Represented
UCLA, USC, UCI, UCSB, UCSD
“My classmates come from all different backgrounds — we have a doctor, a room full of engineers, marketing executives, space technologists and many more. Sometimes I feel like three years isn’t enough time to learn from my peers and hear all their stories and perspectives.”
Biswajit Jena (FEMBA ’19)
Senior Product Manager, Dell EMC
Countries of Origin: 24
Armenia • Bangladesh • Brazil • Chile • China • Colombia • France • Germany • Hong Kong S.A.R. • India • Iran • Japan • Mexico • Nepal • Peru • Poland • Russia • South Korea • Taiwan • Ukraine • United Kingdom • United States • Uzbekistan • Vietnam
FEMBA: A Life-Changing Experience
Brittany Blackamore (FEMBA ’16)
Brittany Blackamore shares her program experiences, from discovering a passion for global economics to landing her dream job at Experien.
Listen to Podcast