UCLA University Apartments are considered by many to be the best value for the money for a married graduate student (with or without children) or a single student with children. The university apartments described below offer housing designed specifically to meet the needs of families, married students and domestic partnerships. Five separate and unique complexes are located in the Palms/Mar Vista area, approximately five miles from UCLA, and one complex is located in Westwood Village.
- University Village provides premier community living for married students, same-sex domestic partners and single parents. Amenities include a state-of-the-art childcare center, community centers, computer lab, central courtyards, basic cable, adult lap pool, children's playground and children's swimming pool. All units are rented unfurnished and contain a full kitchen (including stove, refrigerator and dishwasher), wall-to-wall carpeting, blinds, air conditioning and central heating. Buildings have a key-controlled building access system and laundry facilities.
- Keystone/Mentone Apartments (one and two bedrooms) is a modern four-building, 224-unit complex. The complex has a limited number of furnished apartments and its amenities include a shuttle bus to campus, a children’s playground, full kitchens, laundry rooms on every floor and underground parking.
- Rose Avenue Apartments has 93 unfurnished units (primarily two-bedroom) and is located across from the University Village complex near campus. Amenities include a children’s playground, full kitchens, laundry rooms on every floor and parking.
- Venice/Barry Apartments offers a spacious and comfortable living environment. The 139-unit building comprises junior one-bedroom and one- and two-bedroom apartments. The two-bedroom apartments here are generally larger than those at other university housing complexes. Amenities include underground parking, a swimming pool, small exercise room, laundry rooms on every floor,and full kitchens.
- Barrington Manor's '60s vintage-style apartments provide a spacious and comfortable living environment in a quiet residential neighborhood. All apartments are unfurnished and have blinds and wall heaters.
In addition, many students with partners and families live in various neighborhoods around Los Angeles. View our Housing Guide for more information and student reviews on the neighborhoods surrounding UCLA Anderson.