The multi-billion dollar industries of entertainment, media, and sports have become increasingly global. This phenomenon is reflected in worldwide coverage of mega-events from the Olympics and the World Cup, to top-grossing movies and concerts of international superstars. Explore the evolution of these global trends this summer at the Business of Entertainment, Media, and Sports Program.
This program is taught and sponsored by the Center for Management of Enterprise in Media, Entertainment, and Sports at UCLA Anderson School of Management. Classes have been specifically designed for high school students based on Anderson's graduate and summer undergraduate classes. Through an introduction to concepts, analyses, and principles - this program will help you understand the business aspects of entertainment, media, and sports and culminates with final team projects in which students develop solutions for a company business. Through an introduction to concepts, analyses, and principles - this program will help you understand the business aspects of entertainment, media, and sports.
During this 3 week intensive full-day program, gain insight into the ever-changing business of entertainment, media, and sports. Explore business frameworks including finance, marketing, strategy, and economics. Review case studies, meet with industry professionals, and examine the challenges that face these industries in our fast-paced global environment.
The goal of this intensive full-day program is to help you:
- Build a framework for understanding entertainment and sports marketing strategies
- Learn about key strategic issues across the entertainment and sports business landscape
- Examine concepts and management principles unique to these industries
- Appreciate the challenges involved in marketing and managing entertainment and sports in a world of rapidly changing technology
Lecture And Discussion topics
- Investment Decisions
- Joint Ventures
- New Technologies
- Consumer Behavior
- Decision Making
- Business Strategy
Possible Case Studies And Practical Examples
- Launching Jay-Z’s Decoded
- Maria Sharapova: Marketing a Champion
- Warner Bros. Pictures: The Harry Potter Dilemma
- Netflix: Valuing a New Business Model
- YouTube: Time to Charge Users?
A site visit to a Los Angeles Based Organization
- YouTube Studios
- Dodger Stadium
- Staples Center/LA Live
- Paramount Studios
Class meets weekdays (Monday - Thursday) in the morning and afternoon.