What is included in the curriculum for the Riordan Scholars Program?*
- Eight monthly Saturday sessions at the UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Guest lectures from corporate and academic communities
- SAT prep workshops (sophomores and juniors)
- Individualized College Action Plan counseling
- College application and financial aid workshops
- Stock Market Analyst Competition and Real Estate Competition
- Personal mentors who are current MBA students at UCLA Anderson
- Site visits to companies such as Goldman Sachs, Google and Airbnb during the Northern California College Tour
- Transportation provided to UCLA from select high schools
*ALL of the above are provided on a tuition-free basis to Riordan Scholars.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Riordan Scholars Program?
It is not necessary to have prior experience or knowledge of business. However, applicants should express an interest for career exposure.
- Rising sophomore, junior or senior in high school by the start of the program (limited space avaialble for seniors)
- Be the first generation in their family to attend a four-year college (parents have not completed post-secondary education)
- Demonstrate leadership skills and active involvement at school and in the community
- Have a strong academic recors (at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
When should I submit a copy of my transcripts?
To whom do I fax or email my transcripts?
If you cannot upload your transcipts to your application, you can fax your transcripts to the Riordan Programs Office at (310) 267-0165. You may also email your transcripts to our Assistant Director of Programs, Rocio Arellano, email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read: “Riordan Scholars Program - 2020-2021 - Applicant Transcript.” In the body of the message, please provide your full name, high school and the program year in which you are applying.
What are my chances of acceptance?
Every application submitted by the June 12th deadline will receive equal consideration. Each year, the Riordan Scholar Program admits an extraordinary group of students. We have carefully designed our review process to ensure quality and fairness. Admission into the Riordan Programs is highly selective and based on a comprehensive review of all applicants. Admission decisions cannot be appealed.
Can I call or email to check on my admission status?
We will not accept, return, nor respond to any calls or emails regarding admission decisions. All applicants will be notified of admission decisions via email by August 7, 2020. To verify that your complete application was received, please print the confirmation page after submitting your online application.
What if I do not have access to a computer or the internet?
Can I save my application online and return to it at a later time?
Yes, you can save your application and return to it at a later time. Once you are logged into the application, you will find a “Save” button at the top of the page. You will need to provide an email address and password in order to save your progress. An email message with your saved application link will be sent to your email address. You will need to click on that specific link in order to retrieve your saved application. Please use a password you can remember easily.