The Sports Business Association (SBA) is dedicated to providing educational and professional opportunities for UCLA Anderson students interested in the sports industry. In addition, the SBA offers resources for members to create professional networks and contacts within this unique business industry by organizing speakers, dinners, professional and student panels, and job treks.
VP of Admissions
VP of Admissions & DEI
VP of Alumni Relations
VP of Business Development
VP of Business Development
VP of Career Development & Professionalism
VP of Career Development
VP of Social
VP of FEMBA Relations
VP of Finance
VP of Marketing
VP of International Relations
Speaker Series and Facilities Tours
- Throughout the year, the SBA invites a variety of speakers in the sports business world to talk about their roles. Previous speakers have worked for companies such as Nike, LAFC, NFL, ESPN and Wasserman. Some events also include a tour of the facilities. Previous locations visited include SoFi Stadium and the L.A. Coliseum.
- Career night is the SBA’s premier networking event. This is an opportunity for SBA members to connect with dozens of sports industry professionals. Many students have received internships and jobs from networking at this event. Some companies that corporate attendees have worked for include the Lakers, Dodgers and LA28.
- The SBA hosts many sports-related events for members to bond over our love of sports. Previous events include an evening at Top Golf, World Cup watch parties and a group outing to a Los Angeles Kings hockey game.
- D48s, or Dinners for Eight, occur on a quarterly basis. Members get to have dinner with an SBA alumnus in an intimate setting.
- SBA members are paired with an SBA alumnus currently working in the sports industry and meet with them monthly to discuss their careers and more. Current mentors work at sports teams, leagues, agencies, retail and tech, and are experienced in different job functions, such as marketing, finance, sponsorships and strategy.
Global Sports Business Forum
- Since 2022, the SBA, in conjunction with the Center for Media, Entertainment & Sports, has hosted the Global Sports Business Forum in Pauley Pavilion. Attendees have the opportunity to hear from sports executives from the Los Angeles area and learn about different aspects of the sports industry.
Case Competitions and Conferences
- SBA members attend various sports case competitions and conferences throughout the year. These include the Game Days Sports Case Competition, Pulse Conference, Up Next Conference and MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference. The SBA has found success at these competitions and conferences, winning the Sloan Case Competition in 2022!