International Applicants

The Importance of a Global Perspective

About one-fourth of each incoming EMBA class consists of international students. This group significantly expands the viewpoints and perspectives of the entire class.

Academic Requirements

Applicants educated at institutions outside the United States must have completed a minimum of 16 years of study, including 4 years at the college or university level with a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution. No specific undergraduate major is required. UCLA Anderson’s EMBA Admissions Committee uses mark sheets and degree certificates to evaluate applicants’ academic qualifications.
  • Send Official Mark Sheets/Transcripts and Degree Certificates in Native Language and Translations

    All academic documents such as official mark sheets/transcripts, diploma certificates, and degree certificates must be directly sent to UCLA Anderson Executive MBA program from the institution. We prefer all documents to be emailed from the institution to, but we also accept hard copies mailed from the school. Please check with the EMBA admissions team on what you need to submit. To avoid delays in the application process, applicants may provide their own scan of their mark sheets/transcripts and degree/diploma certificates (in original language and in English if applicable) as a placeholder. However, if admitted and enrolled into the program, you will be required to submit all academic documents to be sent directly from your institution to us. Note: Transcripts uploaded by the applicant are considered unofficial and the official transcripts must still be sent (electronic preferred) from your educational institution to EMBA Admissions.

  • Request Official Mark Sheets/Transcripts and Degree Certificates in the English Translation 

    All academic documents such as official mark sheets/transcripts, diploma certificates, and degree certificates must be translated to English. This should be from your institution or completed by an official translation service (I.e. ATA Certified Translations). Please have official translations emailed to us directly to

  • Do Not Convert Grade Point Average to American 4.0 Scale

    Please note that we evaluate all international undergraduate education within the context of each country's system. We compare applicants based on the performance of other candidates from that country.

  • Do Not Send Transcript Evaluations

    We perform our own evaluation of all documents. Please do not send document evaluations from an outside agency.

  • List All Post-Secondary Educational Institutions

    Include technical and professional schools, regardless of the duration of attendance or whether the study was related to the field of management.

English Language Proficiency

UCLA requires that applicants holding degrees from countries where the official language is not English take an English proficiency exam.

Meeting UCLA’s English Language Requirement


If you did not receive your bachelor’s degree in an Anglophone country, you must certify proficiency in English when you apply to UCLA. This applies to U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents as well as international applicants. 

  • Exemption from the proficiency exam requirement is allowed only if the applicant has completed two years of full-time study or holds a bachelor's (or higher) degree from a university in a country in which English is BOTH the spoken language and medium of instruction (e.g., Australia, Barbados, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, United Kingdom).
  • Applicants educated in India, Pakistan or Singapore are required to take the exam.
  • Citizenship, U.S. residence and/or work experience are not substitutes for meeting the requirement.
  • TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for only two years.
F-1 Student Visa
While some international students joining the EMBA program live in the United States, we support some international students commuting into the program monthly with F-1 student visas. Please note that EMBA students must have active employment while in the program. We encourage students living abroad to speak with an immigration professional if considering moving into the U.S. for the program, as it is not possible/there may be limited ability to rent an apartment, lease a car, obtain a job, and receive UCLA health insurance.