The Peter Bren Fellowships are part of the Peter Bren Real Estate Entrepreneurship Studies Initiative, and are made possible by a generous gift from Peter M. Bren, member of the Founding Board of the UCLA Ziman Center for Real Estate. Mr. Bren served as president and chairman of KBS Realty Advisors.
- Honorific designation as a Peter Bren Distinguished Fellow
- A series of group dinners with a relevant high-level Ziman Center industry affiliate
- Entrepreneurial leadership training, select internship opportunities, and targeted career planning and placement
- Supplemental education stipend (up to $300 reimbursed) for related events, trainings and memberships
- A monetary award applied towards tuition
- Complimentary admission to all UCLA Ziman Center events, including the invitation-only Ziman Center summits, policy briefings, and industry events
- The opportunity to work with UCLA faculty and industry vanguards in the development of future case studies for the Advanced Cases in Real Estate Entrepreneurship (MGMT298D) course
The program is open to any UCLA Anderson MBA/EMBA/FEMBA student or UCLA Law student who is entering the last year of his or her respective Anderson/Law graduate studies program. Students must display academic excellence and possess an active interest in real estate entrepreneurship.
- Enroll in the UCLA Anderson Peter Bren MBA spring quarter course (MGMT 298D/Eric Sussman) ADVANCED CASES IN REAL ESTATE ENTREPRENEURSHIP and submit final course project to the Ziman Center at the end of the calendar year. **Highly Encouraged**
- Entrepreneurial real estate capstone project due at the end of spring quarter/semester. In preparation, Fellows are required to submit a one-page proposal outlining the scope and direction of the intended project.
- A letter of appreciation to the Bren Family.
Academic Year 2020-2021:
» To apply for the Peter Bren Distinguished Fellows Program, please complete the online application, which includes the following three parts:
- 1 Resume
- 2 Unofficial Transcript
- 3 Essay (500 word limit) Topic: Discuss your real estate entrepreneurial vision, particularly your experience, interests, and/or ideas for innovation. Why would you be an exceptional candidate for this program?
- 4 Submit application materials by email to Peter Saephanh at: firstname.lastname@example.org