Campaign in Honor of Alfred E. Osborne, Jr.
It is time to honor his legacy at Anderson.
Al Osborne Reflects on 50 Years at Anderson
Dean Bernardo Honors Al Osborne
A few themes have guided Al’s vision and work throughout his decades-long tenure at Anderson:
- A deep belief in ensuring access to education and health care for all, regardless of circumstance
- The importance of business/equity ownership and access to capital in facilitating wealth creation (as well as a solid understanding of supply and demand curves!)
- A desire to assist entrepreneurs and emerging managers in developing an entrepreneurial competence, the combination of an entrepreneurial mindset and foundational management skills, in order to effectively lead their organizations
- A focus on the inherent good in people and the power of the human spirit
- The role that philanthropy plays in supporting an equitable society
Al’s academic interests have also led to the creation of a number of management development programs in the areas of corporate governance, minority- and women-owned businesses, and social entrepreneurship, particularly for leaders of Head Start organizations and community health systems in underserved communities. These programs have often brought the Anderson experience to those who might not have been able to pursue a traditional MBA education.
Anderson’s reputation as a globally recognized leader in entrepreneurial education would not have been possible without Al’s visionary leadership. He has recruited and assisted in developing dozens of instructors over the years, taught countless courses himself and secured funding to support the research of many of his colleagues. By embracing the value of extracurricular activities and experiential learning, he has enriched the learning experience of generations of Anderson students.
Osborne Campaign Committee
Alfred E. Osborne, Jr.
Mike De Paola ‘94
Bob Deere ‘91
Jeff Deutschman ‘81
Jay Ferguson ‘94
Jim Freedman ‘78
Elaine Hagan ‘91
Pamela Hamamoto ‘90
Kit Jennings ‘80
John Kao ‘87
Derek Kozacko ‘92
Monique Lawshe ‘90
Daniel Leff ‘01
Mel Lindsey ‘99
Nick Memmo ‘90
Eric Mokover ‘80
Pat Morrin ‘90
Tom Peterson ‘85
Vicky Schiff ‘96
Ed Shapiro ‘90
Eric Wedbush ‘98
Rich Wiley ‘80
Other Ways to Give
Gift Bequests/Planned Giving
Charitable Gift Annuities
For more information, contact Caroline Su at (310) 206-9093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the imprint Al has made on UCLA Anderson by visiting