Slow Growth But No Recession Predicted for U.S. Economy
The California Growth Spurt Continues to Roll On, But for How Long?
September 2019 Economic Overview
Technology is transforming the US economy and Los Angeles, particularly Silicon Beach, is certainly experiencing the impact. As we enter the third decade of the 21st Century, what does the recent success of Silicon Beach in West LA tell us about the future landscape and opportunities in the rest of the City? Is workforce development an impediment to further growth? What kinds of actions will industry, entrepreneurs, academia and the City need to take to ensure future success? The September UCLA Anderson Forecast conference will discuss these issues as well as the economic outlook and prospect for a near term recession.
- Does the Fed's July rate cut signal "one and done" or is it the start of a new easing cycle?
- How exposed is the California Economy to the U.S./China trade war?
- Is the slowdown in housing over with the recent Fed interest rate cut?
- Will manufacturing return to California?
- What areas of technological innovation will be most promising in Los Angeles?