UCLA Anderson Forecast Sees “Regime Change”
Could the Economy Stall Out under Higher Inflation and Interest Rates?
LOS ANGELES FORECAST
How Important is International Trade to Los Angeles?
Los Angeles has the largest seaport in North America. Its container cargo traffic – exports and imports combined – accounts for 1/3 of all cargo traffic in the U.S.
As we enter the second year of the Trump administration there are two major initiatives that will impact our local economy; the tax overhaul passed last December and the ongoing renegotiation of trade relations with Mexico, Canada, South Korea and China. What if NAFTA falls apart? Will there be a trade war with China? How will the taxation of foreign source earnings affect U.S. corporate production and employment? These and other topics related to trade and taxation will be explored at the UCLA Anderson Forecast conference on March 7, 2018.
- Will Wall Street volatility be reflected on Main Street?
- Will inflation exceed the Fed's 2% target in 2018?
- How many times will the Fed raise rates in 2018?
- Is the recent strength in housing activity portending a stronger recovery in that sector?
- Will the new tax structure slow California's growth?
- Are housing prices in California going down?
- How important is international trade to Los Angeles?