Alumni Gather in London for the 2013 International Business Conference
On June 29, 2013, 60 alumni spanning six decades gathered at the Goldman Sachs Headquarters on Fleet Street in London for UCLA Anderson's 2013 International Business Conference. This was the first International Conference since 2005, when it was held in Paris. Attendees included chapter leaders and alumni from the U.K., France, Spain and Switzerland. John Harris ('74), chairman and CEO , Nestle Waters discussed "Global Career Challenges"; Javier San Felix ('95), CEO , Banesto and senior executive vice president of Banco Santander, provided "An Insider View on the Spanish Financial Sector"; and Mary LeBlanc ('82), CIO at Novartis Pharma AG Global Pharma in Switzerland illuminated the audience on "How Technology is Transforming Healthcare Today." Leading UCLA Anderson alumni also shared their views on the European private equity, finance and entertainment sectors during panel discussions. Read more >>
Indra Nooyi, Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo is Honored with the 2012 John Wooden Global Leadership Award
On November 5, 2012, more than 600 people gathered at the Beverly Wilshire for the fifth annual John Wooden Global Leadership dinner honoring Indra Nooyi, chairman and CEO of PepsiCo. As one of the world's most innovative leaders, Nooyi embodies Wooden's ideal of principled leadership. She is known globally for PepsiCo's commitment to sustainable growth, "Performance with Purpose" and has directed the company's global strategy for more than a decade. Read more >>
The Center for Global Management supports, sponsors, and hosts events including symposiums, conferences and seminars, and also invites guest speakers from around the world to address critical management, operational and policy issues within a broader global context. UCLA Anderson students, faculty, alumni, as well as the UCLA community and citizens of greater Los Angeles are invited and encouraged to attend many of our events.
- CGM Founding Board Member, Bernardo Quintana Recieves The National Engineering Award from Mexico
- Mr. Bernardo Quintana I., Chairman of the Board of Empresas ICA, S.A.B. de C.V. (ICA) was given the National Engineering Award from the President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto on June 14, 2013. The winner of the National Engineering and Architecture Award is appointed by the National Association of Engineers and Architects of Mexico, the oldest professional association in Latin America, founded in 1868. The award is given to distinguished professionals that collaborate in the fair and sustainable development of Mexico. Read more >>
- Olivier Jarrault, Executive Vice President of Alcoa and Group President of Alcoa Engineered Products and Solution joins Center for Global Management Advisory Board
- Olivier Jarrault has joined the Center for Global Management’s board which serves as the Center's primary advisory body, providing strategic guidance and financial support. The board is comprised of a dedicated and actively engaged group of visionary global leaders spanning a variety of geographies and industries who have invested in the center in recognition of UCLA Anderson’s role in preparing the next generation of global leaders. Read more >>
- Sebastian Edwards, Faculty Director Center for Global Management, Distinguished Professor, Henry Ford II Chair in International Management awarded 2012 Carlos Diaz-Alejandro Prize
- LACEA (Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association) awarded the 2012 Carlos Diaz-Alejandro Prize to Sebastian Edwards in recognition to a lifetime devoted to academic research and valuable contributions to policy making in Latin America and the Caribbean. Read more >>
- GEMBA for Asia Pacific (UCLA - NUS) program ranks #5 in Financial Times 2012 worldwide ranking of Executive MBA programs
- The UCLA - NUS Global Executive MBA for Asia-Pacific program was recently ranked No. 5 by Financial Times in its 2012 ranking of best executive MBA programs in the world, building upon its No. 9 ranking in 2011. The 15 month program allows senior executives anywhere in the world to participate in an unparalleled global learning experience during classes in Los Angeles, Singapore, Shanghai and Bangalore, and earn two world-class MBA degrees from two of the world's top, globally recognized universities and management schools: UCLA Anderson School of Management and the National University of Singapore Business School. For more details >>
- Center Hosts Luncheon with Felipe Bulnes, Ambassador of Chile to the United States
- On Friday, October 26th, the Center for Global Management hosted the visit to UCLA of His Excellency Felipe Bulnes, Ambassador of Chile to the United States. Ambassador Bulnes spoke during a private luncheon at the Faculty Center with UCLA faculty and representatives with an interest in and focus on Chile, including UCLA Anderson's Chilean PhD and MBA students (pictured here). The Ambassador shared more about Chile's path towards becoming a developed country and how it is working towards becoming a regional hub for entrepreneurship and innovation, and how education also contributes to this goal. The Ambassador was joined by Francisco Correa, Trade Commissioner of Chile in Los Angeles; Alberto Ruiz, Consul General of Chile in Los Angeles; and Lilina Mejias, Deputy Trade Commissioner, ProChile Los Angeles.
- Professor Ed Leamer was one of five leading economists who joined the Chilean President and Minister of Finance for two days of meetings to discuss Chile’s Rapid GDP Growth and Economic Future
- UCLA Anderson Distinguished Professor, Edward Leamer and Director of UCLA Anderson Forecast was one of five leading economists who spent two days participating in meetings in Santiago, Chile with Felipe Larrain, Chile’s Minister of Finance. They were joined by 150 local economists to discuss Chile’s economic future and rapid GDP growth, which is significantly ahead of IMF projections. Read more >>
- Yuji Tsutsumi ('65) is awarded the 2012 Dean's Global Service Award at a reception in Tokyo honoring him
- On September 5, UCLA Anderson alumni and students, together with UCLA alumni joined Dean Judy Olian for a reception in Tokyo honoring Yuji Tsutsumi ('65)—the first recipient of the UCLA Anderson Dean's Global Service Award. The award, administered through the Center for Global Management, is an honor bestowed upon a distinguished UCLA Anderson alumnus/a in recognition of exceptional service and global impact on behalf of the School. Established in 2012, the Dean's Global Service Award recognizes service that advances the stature and connections among UCLA Anderson alumni outside the United States. Community service, professional accomplishments, and commitment to UCLA Anderson are considered.
- Center Hosts Visit to UCLA of U.S. Ambassador to Singapore, David Adelman
- On Tuesday, August 21st, the Center for Global Management hosted the visit to UCLA of the U.S. Ambassador to Singapore, David Adelman. After meetings with UCLA Anderson Dean Judy Olian, UCLA Chancellor Gene Block and Vice Provost Cindy Fan, and a roundtable discussion with UCLA faculty, Ambassador Adelman shared over dinner, with our Global EMBA for Asia-Pacific students, his latest regional insight, after just completing regional meetings with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the leadership of ASEAN. View video >>
- CGM Board Member Dr. Ronald Sugar, Chairman Emeritus, Northrop Grumman Corp. Discusses Strategic Leadership to our GEMBA for Asia-Pacific Graduating Class
- Professor Sandy Jacoby led a discussion with CGM board member Dr. Ronald Sugar, Chairman Emeritus, Northrop Grumman Corp. during his course on Strategic Leadership and Implementation with the Global Executive MBA for Asia-Pacific Class of 2012 before they graduated on Saturday, August 25. This was the 8th graduating class, representing over 14 countries.
- CGM Board Member, Joseph Barragan Hosts Alumni Gathering in Geneva, Switzerland
- In March, CGM Board member Joseph Barragan ('79) and his wife Mariglé hosted a UCLA Anderson alumni social gathering at his lovely home in Geneva with Dean Olian and a number of UCLA Anderson alumni based in Switzerland. Joseph is Managing Director, International Capital Advisory, J.P. Morgan (Suisse) SA., and is the Center for Global Management's first European board member.
- Dean Judy Olian Honors UCLA Anderson's 100 Inspirational Alumni in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan
- Last fall, UCLA Anderson alumni, current students and new admits joined Dean Judy Olian in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Shanghai and Tokyo to celebrate UCLA Anderson's 75th anniversary and honor the school's 100 Inspirational Alumni.
These distinguished alumni were honored as representatives of the enormous depth and breadth of leadership and impact among UCLA Anderson's 37,000+ alumni.