Smart Internet Searching
- Use Niche Engines to Save Time
- Best Search Engine? Check Features & Objectivity. Question Ranking.
- Check Web Directories - Best Sites Selected by Experts
- Use Proven Strategies - Tested Sites in a Strategic Plan
Niche Engines Save Time - Take your keywords to a portal search engine
- Academic Thinking - research & white papers: Google Scholar, ZDNET TechRepublic
- Consumer Sentiment - ratings & surveys: Epinions, TripAdvisor
- Opinion / Editorial - blogs & tweats: Technorati Top 100, Mashable Megalists
- Demographics - population & markets: Census Data Sets, U.N. Data Sets
- Economic Indicators - time series data, inflation: FreeLunch, Economagic
- Money Rates - interest rates, stocks & bonds: FRED, NYSE Data
- The Basics - tutorials & background: About.com, Encyclopedia.com
Best Search Engine? Check features & objectivity. Question ranking.
- Choose by advanced features offered: Limits, proximity & field searching, etc.
- Look for information to be accurate, objective and current.
- Question ranking, look out for payment for placement or inclusion.
Check Web Directories - Information professionals select top Web sites
Use Proven Strategies - Pre-tested Web sites within research strategies
- Company Information - Free on the Internet: Profile, News, Stock Quotes, Financials
- Industry Information - Free on the Internet: Profile, Statistics, News & Trends, Competitors
- Country Information - Free on the Internet: Trade Policies, Business Operations, News
Recognize the Advantage of Licensed Databases & E-Resources
Web Content Developer: Eloisa Borah. Page last modified October 1, 2011.
Need help? Consult a Business Librarian.