GLOBAL ACCESS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
GAP was designed as a way to combine the unique skills of our technology oriented, executive-level MBA students with the needs of foreign technology companies seeking an answer to a critical strategic question.
In our experience, successful new market entry requires a company to be successful enough in their home market to make expansion a realistic next strategic step.
GAP companies should meet the following requirements.
Companies who qualify for GAP enrollment are required to meet all of the following corporate requirements:
- A technology-based product or service company*
- Independent business or a business unit within a larger corporation
- U.S. or foreign-based company that wants to sell outside their home country
- Product/service that is currently generating positive cash flow
- Positive or near positive cash flow to continue operations beyond December 2015
To ensure the success of GAP projects, we require a modest investment of time and money, along with access to relevant data. These include:
- Top management's time to meet with students (~1-2 hours/week over 24 weeks)
- Two executives travel to UCLA for events on July 10-12, 2015 and December 12, 2015
- Full access to strategic and financial data
- Host 2 students at your company headquarters for 3-5 days
- Payment of $17,000 program fee (up to $13,000 is available for market research and student travel)
- A project requiring business or strategic plan development
- Fluency in English at the senior management level mandatory
- Current paying customer for products or service that the team will evaluate
- Sufficient funding and/or a positive cash flow to continue operations for length of the project
Assurance of Confidentiality
UCLA Anderson maintains stringent confidentiality standards regarding each field study project. All students, faculty, staff, and company executives must annually sign a program non-disclosure agreement in order to participate. Over the course of 17 years and 592 successful projects, we are not aware of any alleged breach in confidentiality.
*GAP takes a broad view of technology and welcomes interest from the full-spectrum of potential clients.