Are you a high-level leader? Do you desire an impactful career? An MBA is perhaps the smartest investment one can make in pursuit of that goal. UCLA Anderson offers three highly rated programs — one for full-time students and two models for working professionals — to bring an MBA within your reach!
Applications for UCLA Anderson’s three largest MBA programs are now being accepted from those seeking to enroll in 2022. The programs include the two-year full-time MBA program, the 27-month Fully Employed MBA program (FEMBA) and the 22-month Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
Earning an MBA from a top management school requires a tremendous commitment of time and resources, so it’s important you select the right program for you.
Assistant Deans Alex Lawrence (full-time MBA) and Dylan Stafford (FEMBA) and Executive Director Sarika Thakur (EMBA) lead the admissions teams for their respective programs, while also working together to set high standards of admission to Anderson. They offer the following advice and tips for applying to Anderson:
• Approach applying to business school as a process requiring planning and commitment. Start the process early by researching schools and programs to understand the breadth of different offerings. You will learn not only their nuances, culture and programming activities — including course curriculum — you will also learn the requirements and what it takes to apply. When possible, visit the campus and talk with different community members, including student ambassadors, faculty and admissions officers. By the time you are ready to submit a competitive application, you want to make sure your essays, resume, letters of recommendation and other materials are a true reflection of your “best self” and clearly articulate how the program can further your professional and personal goals.
• Earning a master’s degree literally means to master an academic discipline. Mastering business administration starts with self-discovery and determining which school is right for you. Read the alumni, student and faculty stories on our website. Listen to the podcasts and watch the videos. Then let us know why your story is an Anderson story.
• We encourage you to reach out to discuss your interest in UCLA Anderson with a member of our admissions team. We offer individualized feedback on your background, interests and fit with one of our programs.
Once you’ve decided that UCLA Anderson is right for you — and that you are right for UCLA Anderson — focus on which of our programs best suits you and your career. Each of our programs offers the best in management education in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Anderson’s full-time MBA program includes a unique and flexible curriculum with many specializations that help you quickly build in-depth expertise in your chosen function and industry. Outside the classroom, extracurricular activities allow students to explore interests both professionally and personally — and have fun, too — while building professional networks, gaining leadership experience and exploring career development.
• Many prospective students in their late 20s and early 30s are currently in mid-career positions they feel are worth keeping, but realize that an MBA would enhance their possibilities for promotion or a change in industry or function. Anderson’s FEMBA program offers options for students living in or near Los Angeles, and a hybrid program that combines online and in-person coursework. FEMBA students see an immediate impact on their careers, as they apply what they learn on Friday to their work on Monday.
• With a unique “mini board” model and a schedule designed to fit your needs, Anderson’s EMBA program brings together accomplished and talented professionals to learn from each other’s industries, functions and backgrounds. EMBA students work in teams, creating a personal “board of directors” made up of successful colleagues to lean on and learn from, forming relationships that last long after graduation.