Do you have children in high school?
Join us for an informative dinner, and learn:
- How to keep college costs low.
- Why to start to think about college early, so you can keep those costs down?
- What do independent college counselors do? How are they trained and why should I hire a professional?
- How you can plan your college finances to get the maximum help and minimize taxes.
- How to not let college costs impoverish you and derail your retirement.
College Counselor Evelyn Alexander founded Magellan College Counseling in 2011. Magellan has grown to a practice of four independent college counselors who help students explore, prepare for and apply to colleges, focusing on academic and social fit.
Evelyn holds a Bachelor’s degree from Johns Hopkins University, a Master of Arts from George Washington University, and a Certificate in College Counseling from UCLA. She served as an admissions volunteer for Johns Hopkins for 15 years, interviewing students, representing Hopkins at college fairs and speaking about the admissions process at highly selective colleges.
Magellan’s clients attend Georgetown, Stanford, Columbia, Cornell, Princeton, MIT, Johns Hopkins, UC Berkeley and UCLA, among other highly selective universities.
Evelyn is a San Fernando Valley native and lives with her husband and two dogs in Topanga Canyon. She has also been a licensed pilot for almost 20 years.