What is the Innovation Challenge?
How is the competition structured?
Innovation Challenge Competition Timeline
- Each team will submit a business plan for qualifying review.
- The judges will review and score each plan. The highest-scoring teams will advance to the final round.
- Before the final round, the teams will have access to a network of mentors to help them refine their business plans.
- In the final round, each team will have 15 minutes to pitch its idea to the judges.
- After all the teams have presented, the judges will deliberate and decide on three winners in each track.
How do I find a team or team members?
- Attend virtual networking events. More info can be found here .
- Use the team formation Google docs to contact people/teams.
- If you have a health care idea/team and are looking for members to join your team: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DCUkBlW3wRIjoGtMyFKUyULrMDIi9Xx4OKqvvse6gXk/edit#gid=0
- If you have a sustainability idea/team and are looking for members to join your team: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DCUkBlW3wRIjoGtMyFKUyULrMDIi9Xx4OKqvvse6gXk/edit#gid=456483071
- If you are a participant and are looking for interesting teams to join: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DCUkBlW3wRIjoGtMyFKUyULrMDIi9Xx4OKqvvse6gXk/edit#gid=1961632291
- Join the Innovation Challenge Slack to interact and mingle with other participants.
- We understand that networking and finding teams/members may be challenging due to COVID-19. We encourage you to participate in virtual networking sessions and reach out to learn more about each other via Slack and the team formation Google docs.
- Should you need additional help finding a team/member, please do not hesitate to contact Jaymie Park at firstname.lastname@example.org .
How will teams be evaluated?
Teams will be evaluated based on the following four criteria:
- Impact: Combined depth and breadth of value created both for firm and society. The team fully explains its structured thought process for identifying market need and societal value add.
- Innovation: The solution is original, powerful, and differentiated from others. The team conveys evidence using research and demonstrates what makes its solution innovative.
- Feasibility: The solution has a clear pathway to execution. The team has defined concrete next steps to implement the solution and provides ample evidence to prove the solution’s feasibility.
- Persuasion: Clear and compelling written and oral presentations. The team demonstrates vision, passion, and operating credibility to make the venture successful.