The 2021 UCLA Anderson Center for MEMES MBA Entertainment Case Competition brings together teams of MBA students from top universities around the country to analyze and present a solution to a real-world entertainment business problem. The UCLA Anderson Center for MEMES created this competition to provide students with a competitive learning experience and help them gain exposure to real challenges currently impacting the media and entertainment space. Teams will compete for $4,000 in prize money and a 2021 summer internship with Paramount Studios.*
*Only first-year students are eligible for the internship.
The competition will take place on Thursday, February 25, 2021, as part of the 13th annual UCLA Anderson Pulse Entertainment, Sports & Technology Conference. The conference will virtually take place starting Tuesday, February 23-26, 2021 and the winning team will be announced during the conference on Friday, February 26, 2021.
Teams will compete in two rounds, with the top teams from the first round moving on to compete in a final-round presentation. The winning team will be selected by a blue-ribbon panel of media and entertainment senior executives. The winning team will be announced at the conference on Friday.
- Each team may have three to five students.
- A maximum of 20 teams can compete.
- Students should be enrolled in their school’s full-time MBA program.
- Students enrolled in their school’s fully employed programs will be considered on a case-by- case basis.
- Only the first 20 teams to register and pay the registration fee will be guaranteed a slot.
- No school may register more than two teams.