Certain UCLA Anderson resources (e.g., online databases) are restricted to use by current UCLA Anderson students, faculty, and staff. Other resources are also available for use by members of the entire UCLA or University of California communities.
The UCLA Anderson Proxy Server allows authorized Anderson School users off-campus access to licensed resources [except inside office buildings, or anywhere else in which another proxy server or a firewall may be in place].
For certain resources, the UCLA Anderson Proxy Server is required at all times, including inside the Anderson School complex: For many databases licensed for use by authorized Anderson School users only, logging in "through" the Anderson Proxy Server (with a current Anderson Network account, that is) is always required, whether on campus or off. Whenever this may be the case, that information is noted in the "Details" section of each database description on Business Databases by Name (the A-Z listing).
To configure your Web browser, please refer to the information below:
- Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (May 2012 update; recertified July 2014)
- Safari - for Macs
For current members of the Anderson School community only: For questions or problems you may have with the Anderson Proxy Server, please contact:
- Current Anderson School students: Student Technology Services (STS)
- Currrent Anderson School faculty, PhDs, and staff: CS Response
Persons Not Currently Affiliated with UCLA
Due to licensing requirements, off-campus access to subscription electronic resources is not available to:
- Former or retired UCLA or UC employees
- UCLA or UC Extension students
- Persons unofficially or only loosely affiliated with UCLA
- Purchasers of a UCLA library card
- Members of the general public
Please consult the UCLA Library Web site for additional important information concerning how to Connect from Off-Campus.
Web Content Developer: Michael Oppenheim. Page last updated September 22, 2014
Need help? Consult a Business Research Librarian.