Applications Now Available
National Center on Health Train-the-Trainer*
Immediately prior to the 41st Annual Head Start Conference
April 26 - 27, 2014
Long Beach, CA
The Office of Head Start National Center on Health is pleased to provide and fund the third Train-the-Trainer session that will be held on April 26-27, 2014, at the Westin Long Beach Hotel in Long Beach, CA, prior to the 41st Annual Head Start Conference. Applications are now being accepted for this unique training opportunity that will help strengthen the managerial capacity of your agency so that you can provide more effective health education and prevention programs to the children and families you serve.
The Train-the-Trainer session will include skill-building, such as project management, staff and parent motivation, and community relations. Additionally, a mock parent health training will demonstrate effective use of health materials to optimize their impact on families. Participants will also learn to:
- Successfully implement health education programs. We can help strengthen your agency to build healthier and safer home environments for your families.·
- Empower and enhance parents' self esteem by providing them with tools and confidence to actively engage and participate in their children's health care needs.
- Reduce unnecessary ER/clinic visits and increase school attendance and ensure work days are not missed.
Who Should Apply?
All Regions are encouraged to apply. The National Center on Health Train-the-Trainer session is designed to improve the skills of health managers and health staff, family service staff and other leaders from Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
How to Apply:
Attached is an information sheet, application in fillable PDF format, as well as Word version. All applications will be reviewed by a panel comprised of experts from the health literacy, medical, and Head Start communities.
* This session is based on the UCLA Health Care Institute approach.
For easy access, you can download the information sheet from the link below:
To provide you with more information on the UCLA Health Care Institute Training, please visit our website at http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/price/jnj/hci
Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity!
* This was prepared under Grant #90HC0005 for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Head Start, by the National Center on Health.