Since 1991, the UCLA/Johnson & Johnson Head Start Management Fellows Program has provided management training to Head Start directors at the UCLA Anderson School of Management. Johnson & Johnson generously underwrites the majority of the program however; currently, program participants are responsible for a registration fee of $3,500 and travel expenses. To offset these costs the difference between the registration fee and the fair market value of the program ($18,000) may be counted as an in-kind match for your agency. In addition, a supplemental grant may be available from your regional office to pay for part of these costs. Head Start managers may apply individually or as a two-person team from the same program.
Criteria for Admission:
- A minimum of 2 year's tenure as a senior manager in a Head Start program or, if less than 2 year’s tenure, someone who currently holds a leadership role in a regional or state Head Start association;
- Documentation of a leadership role in a local, state or regional community organization for a minimum of 2 years;
- A commitment from a co-participant who is your supervisor to participate for the final three and one-half days of the program (one co-participant perindividual applicant or a two-person team);
- Demonstrated competence in working within community organizations and a pledge to work with other Head Start programs in the future through training workshops and/or mentoring opportunities.
- Applicants must come from programs that are not deficient.
If you require further information, please contact Jeanette Lim at email@example.com or (310) 825-6306.