"Our feedback about the Riordan Scholars Program is extremely positive."
"One of the beautiful things about the program is that it brings together students from many different high schools so students are able to learn from each other."
"We see students in the Riordan Scholars Program stepping up as leaders. They have said to me, 'I'm interested in business. How do I start a business club and share what I've learned?"
Recruitment for the 2016 program year will be begin on Monday, January 12, 2015 through an online application that students can complete and submit. For more information on applying to the program and FAQ's please review the information below:
- What is the curriculum for The Riordan Scholars Program?
- What are the eligibility requirements for The Riordan Scholars Program?
- Is attendance at every Saturday session mandatory?
- What if a copy of my unofficial school transcripts are late?
- Do I have to submit official transcripts with my application?
- Can I turn in my application after the application deadline?
- Can I email or fax my application?
- Who do I fax or email my transcripts to?
- What are my chances of acceptance?
- How do I sign up for my admission interview?
- Can I call or email to check on my admission status?
- What if I do not have access to a computer or the internet?
- Can I save my online application and return to it at a later time?
Who is eligible?
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior (as of Sept. ‘15).
- Applicants are expected to have a strong academic record (“B” average or better).
- Demonstrated leadership skills and active involvement at school and in the community.
- It is not necessary to have prior experience in or knowledge of business.
- Parents should NOT have post-collegiate education (1st and 2nd generation college students should apply).
What does it cost?
Participation in the Riordan Scholars program is granted on a tuition-free basis to those who are admitted. Supplies and materials are provided during the monthly Saturday sessions. Continental breakfast and lunch are included.
Is transportation provided?
Transportation to the monthly Saturday sessions is provided to selected schools within the Los Angeles Unified School District. Alternative methods of transportation include: being dropped off onto the UCLA Anderson campus, carpooling with other Scholars, and taking public transit. Bus tokens and parking will be provided on a case by case basis.
What is required of participants?
Admitted Riordan Scholars are required to attend all monthly Saturday sessions. Riordan Scholars are expected to exhibit a professional demeanor and actively participate in class discussions, stock market research and all other program activities. Respect towards fellow Scholars, Riordan Programs Staff, Mentors and all guests, including faculty members, professional speakers and volunteers is obligatory. Appropriate attire is required at all Riordan Programs functions.
Can I email or fax my application?
No. We will not accept any faxed or emailed copies of applications. All applications must be submitted online. The only component that may be faxed or emailed is the unofficial transcript.