As noted in the application requirements all applicants are required to have secured an internship prior to the start of the program. Prior to admission, students are required to submit verification of having been offered a Summer internship to the Riordan Programs office. While our office may provide assistance to students in obtaining an internship offer students are expected to secure an internship agreement by the program start date. Here are a few websites to help you with your search:
- Inroads is a non-profit organization that aids students undeserved business and industry by providing them with paid internships as well as business skills training.
- Forté Foundation is a consortium of top business schools and major corporations that advocates the presence of women in leadership roles in business.
- SEO provides college students of color with paid summer internships in competitive industries, many of which lead to full-time jobs.
- T. Howard Foundation Internship Program provides minority students with internships in the multimedia and entertainment industries.
- Minority Access International Internship Program places students in full- and part-time internships that foster the practical application of academic theory in addition to providing counseling and training to enhance professional development.
- The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program places students in paid internships in the Washington, D.C. area.
- The Multicultural Advertising Internship Program selects minority students to work for prestigious advertising agencies in varies advertising disciplines.
- Minority Serving Institutions Program provides minority students with internship opportunities in various fields, including, but not limited to, business administration, economics, computer science, and engineering.
- Freewaves Program offers two paid summer internships for undergraduates through generous support from The Getty Grant Program.
Keep in mind that your own college or university's career center is an excellent resource for internship opportunities, career fairs, and on campus recruiting in your area.
- View UCLA's Career Guide, a publication aimed at helping you develop your career strategies.