The Riordan College to Career Program targets first-generation college students who are interested in preparing for internships and careers in management. Its core purpose is to educate, prepare, and motivate these individuals to competitively apply for and succeed in internships and careers post-college.
In an intensive one-week study to prepare students for their internship with a final follow-up session, College to Career students participate in various workshops, lectures, and activities to build on career skills training, career and academic exploration, and networking skills. The curriculum is based on the following core elements:
- Professional development activities
- Self-assessment exercises
- Graduate-level discussions and case studies led by top UCLA Anderson faculty
- Job search skills
- Guest speakers from top industry leaders
- MBA admissions preparation
*ALL of the above is provided on a tuition FREE basis to Riordan College to Career Participants
The curriculum is geared to prepare students for a summer internship. Therefore, all College to Career students are expected to have a summer internship secured by the start of the program. The first week of sessions at UCLA Anderson will provide the necessary skills to succeed at a summer internship with the final follow-up session designed to build upon that experience. In order to successfully complete the College to Career Program, participants must attend all sessions!!!
- Week 1: TBD (Tentatively set for June)
- Follow-up Session: TBD (Tentatively set for August)
- Full- time undergraduate student at a four year university.
- Sophomore, junior or senior by Fall 2014.
- First generation college student.
- Must have a summer internship agreement by the start of the program.
Here is what a typical day might be:
|8:30 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.||Registration|
|9:00 a.m.- 9:15 a.m.||Announcements|
|9:15 a.m.- 10:15 a.m.||Entrepreneurship Workshop|
|10:15 a.m.-10:30 a.m.||Break|
|10:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.||The Art of Marketing|
|11:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.||Negotiation Case Study|
|2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.||Break|
|2:45 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.||Steps to Becoming an Attractive Recruit|
|3:30 p.m.- 3:45 p.m.||Wrap up|
Still have additional questions after reviewing the FAQ'S? Schedule a one-on-one admissions meeting. One-on-One meetings will take place over the phone during a scheduled time. Please call the Program Coordiantor via telephone at 310-206-3597 or via email at email@example.com