Ever since its inception in 1988, Eva has helped spearhead Trend Micro's emergence as one of the world's most innovative antivirus security companies. Before becoming CEO, Eva served as executive vice president from 1988-1996 and CTO from 1996-2004. During that time, she made an indelible mark on the company and the security landscape as a whole. She produced a chronology of industry firsts, from industry-changing products to outbreak management approaches. As a result of her innovation and leadership, she was appointed CEO in late 2004.
Throughout her career, Eva has received industry recognition for her achievements in information security. An avid writer and frequent speaker, Eva has delivered numerous keynotes and produced numerous papers and articles on Internet security. Of her many accolades and accomplishments, some of the most prominent include:
- One of the 50 most powerful people in networking, Network World, 2004
- One of the top five "Women of Vision", Information Security, 2003
- Tribute to Women in the Industry (TWIN) award, YWCA, 2001
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Secure Computing, 2001
- Won Judges Award from Secure Computing for "Poison Java", 2000