First Look West (FLoW) is a cleantech business plan competition and mentorship program. FLoW grows the entrepreneurial talent within American universities, and accelerates the launch of cleantech companies with transformative technologies.
In the competition, contestants use entrepreneurial tools including Lean Launchpad and mentorship support to create business models, incorporate new ventures, and seek potential investors and customers. Regional winners participate in the DOE's National Competition in Washington D.C.
At the semifinals, teams will present their ten slide deck before a panel of judges including VCs, Angel investors, representatives of energy corporation venture fund, the utilities and university tech transfer offices. The presentation should summarize the strategic and tactical thinking about how to create a business, based on the draft business plan and close work with their mentors. All contestants will receive the judging feedback to help you focus and refine your business thinking.
What FloW offers:
- First Prize of $100,000 and cash prizes for second and third place
- Pitch time with Vinod Khosla, Founder of Khosla Ventures
- The best mentors in clean energy, including seasoned entrepreneurs
- Legal startup support
- Access to sources of finance: top cleantech VCs, private and corporate venture investors, and utility experts
- Exclusive places in the Cleantech Open (CTO) program
- Access to resources and programs provided by the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
For more information, please visit: http://www.flow.caltech.edu/