- The quality of professional consultants at a fraction of the cost.
- The opportunity to work with a team of 5 second-year MBA candidates with an average of 5 years of work experience who have completed the rigorous UCLA Anderson core curriculum.
- 1,000-2,000 hours of strategic work over a 20-week period beginning in either October or January.
- Exposure to new knowledge, research methods, and tools from one of the best business schools in the world.
- Access to UCLA Anderson's extensive resources, including its network of professionals and academicians, and its comprehensive business and industry database resources.
- Extensive primary and secondary market research and analysis.
- A comprehensive written report and final presentation to senior managers.
- An opportunity to put potential future employees to the test.
- At least one dedicated project manager who will work with the team approximately 1-2 hours per week .
- An alternate liaison in case the primary liaison becomes unavailable during the course of the project.
- Top management participation in the Program Launch and Final Presentations.
- Full access to relevant strategic and financial data, which will be protected under the confidentiality agreement.
- Participation fees:
- Large companies or international projects - $15,000 (includes $5,000 research budget for the team)
- Small and medium enterprises (SME) - $10,000 (includes $ 2,500 research budget for the team)
- Non-profits - $7,500 (includes $ 2,500 research budget for the team)
- Additional fees may be incurred for incidental project-related expenses and travel
- Additional research funding for global pro-social projects may be available through the UCLA Anderson Center for Global Management
Each year our program conducts approximately 70 field studies for the MBA Program and depends on the corporate community to participate. As a result, we are serious about maintaining strict confidentiality standards regarding each field study project. Both students and faculty advisors sign a program non-disclosure agreement.
|Amgen, Inc.||Mattel, Inc.|
|Bank of America||Microsoft Corporation|
|Black and Decker||NBA|
|Broad Center||The North Face|
|Cartoon Network||Northrop Grumman Corporation|
|Cisco||Pacific Life Insurance Company|
|County of Santa Barbara||Panda Restaurant Group|
|Disney Internet Group||Princess Cruises|
|Dorchester Capital||RAND Corporation|
|Electronic Arts||Roll International|
|Fox Sports International||SBE|
|Genentech, Inc.||Southern California Gas Company|
|Grameen Bank||Starbucks Corporation|
|Hewlett-Packard Company||Sur La Table|
|Hyundai Motor America||Technicolor|
|Independent Film & Television Alliance||Trader Joe's|
|J.D. Power||Twentieth Century Fox|
|Johnson & Johnson||Warner Bros.|
|Kendall-Jackson Wines||X Prize Foundation|
|The KOR Group||Xerox Corporation|
|Los Angeles City Planning||Yahoo Inc.|
|Los Angeles Times||YWCA Santa Monica|