Here are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:
1. Where do I turn in my application? When is it due?
- The Accounting Minor application is now online. The submission period typically begins on Monday of first week at 8:00 AM and ends on the Friday of first week at 12:00AM (midnight). For more information, please visit the Admissions page.
2. When will I find out if I got into the Minor?
- We will notify applicants by 5th week in the quarter that you applied.
3. Is there a maximum number of units I can have when I apply for the Minor?
- Currently, there is no unit maximum when applying to the Minor. However, please note that if you have already completed 150 units at the time of your application, you may need to fill out additional documents to verify that you will complete the minor in a timely manner.
4. Will AP credits count towards the preparation coursework?
- If UCLA accepts the AP credits, we will also accept them. However, AP credits are not included in the preparation GPA or your overall UCLA GPA calculations.
5. Can I satisfy any minor courses at another institution?
- Students are allowed to complete the preparation courses at another institution. All upper division coursework MUST be taken at UCLA.
- If you have not yet enrolled in a course at another institution, please contact Giorgia Pino (Giorgia.Pino@anderson.ucla.edu) BEFORE enrolling to verify that the course you are planning on taking does in fact satisfy one of the minor preparation courses.
- If you have already completed courses at another institution, please send all transcripts to the UCLA Admission Office. If the Admissions Office has not recognized the courses you took as equivalent to anything offered here at UCLA, please email a detailed syllabus of the course to the Director of Student Affairs: Giorgia.Pino@anderson.ucla.edu for approval, along with a completed Articulation Request Form.