The UCLA/Johnson & Johnson Health Care Executive Program (HCEP) is a management and leadership development program for executive directors and leaders of Community Health Centers (CHCs) and AIDS Service Organizations (ASOs). The HCEP is especially designed and valuable for ASOs and CHCs that need to prepare for and adapt to the vast changes taking place in health policy, financing and service delivery. The NHAS and ACA require that community health centers and community-based health care organizations enhance the efficiency and scope of their service delivery models, consider building alliances and partnerships, provide for expanded client/patient access, position themselves in an increasingly competitive marketplace, enhance the client/patient experience, improve health outcomes, and develop and utilize effective health information systems. These and other competencies relevant to AIDS service delivery and healthcare reform are the focus of the Health Care Executive Program.
An important element of the Program is the in-person involvement of the organization's Board or Community Coalition Chair (or equivalent) during the last 2-1/2 days of the program as a "Co-Participant." And, a unique outcome of the program is that each participant leaves HCEP with a fully articulated Community Health Improvement Project (CHIP).
ASO Applicant Recruitment - Applications to be released soon. Please check back.
The HCEP program has been transformational for many ASO Executive Directors and their organizations. Click Here to Download an ASO Alumni List. Johnson & Johnson will support up to 12 AIDS Service Providers to attend the Healthcare Executive Program. This is a major, and unprecedented, philosophical and financial commitment to leadership development in the AIDS sector. You/Your Organization should consider applying to HCEP if:
- You recognize the unprecedented paradigm shifts that are being presented by changes in health policy, financing and service delivery
- You have been in an Executive Director or Senior Leadership role for at least 2 years
- Your organization is poised and ready for transformation
- You see the value in leadership and management skills training to help you navigate the changes ahead
- You are committed to making the changes necessary to ensure that your clients get the services they need
- You are open minded and eager to be exposed to new concepts, strategies, and methodologies
- You can give your undivided attention the full HCEP program
- You are ready to be counted among the "transformational" leaders of the AIDS movement
Opportunity for ASOs and Community Health Center (CHC) Collaborations
ASO-CHC Collaboration Opportunity - Applications will be released soon. Please check back.
Johnson & Johnson recognizes that ASOs are faced with unprecedented paradigm shifts regarding how HIV/AIDS services will be financed through the Affordable Care Act and Ryan White Care Act. CHCs have the opportunity to partner with ASOs to learn about patient navigation and care coordination from the very providers that developed these systems over the past 30 years. Many HCEP Alumni from both ASOs and CHCs have worked together to strengthen the service systems in their communities.
Therefore, J&J is offering the opportunity and will support up to 3 Formal ASO-CHC Collaborations. You may apply to attend the program as a ASO-CHC collaborative, consisting of the CEO, COO, CFO, Executive Director or comparable officials in each of the organizations (ASO & CHC). BOTH individuals must commit to the full 11 day program and each must complete the application
Each collaborator must apply. However, the applications should be complementary. The team should notify J&J's HCEP Consultant Kandy Ferree at 360 Strategy Group by email email@example.com about your intention to apply as a collaborative. If you have questions you can reach Kandy at 202-256-2107.
- The collaborators should conceive of a joint Community Health Improvement Project (CHIP) and/or use the CHIP process to lead their respective organization through the necessary changes to make a separate, but complementary CHIP possible.
- J&J will support all costs of HCEP participation (ASOs & CHCs) for those selected to be among the Formal ASO-CHC collaborations in the program. This is also true for ASOs applying as individual agencies.
For more information on the ASO opportunities, please contact Kandy Ferree at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach Kandy at 202-256-2107.