For students planning to borrow federal student loans, a loan entrance interview is mandatory. If you do not complete your loan entrance interview, your financial aid will be denied.
To complete the loan entrance interview:
- Go to www.loans.ucla.edu and select Debt Management from the left menu
- Follow the instructions and choose Graduate/Professional Student (UCLA Campus)
- Answer "YES" to the federal loan option
- Click on the EdFund.org link for EdTe$t Online Loan Counseling
- On the drop-down menu, choose the state of California and the school of UCLA - Los Angeles
- You will need your Student ID, your Social Security Number, and Date of Birth to begin the test
- The exam is in three parts, Stafford w/ Graduate PLUS, Perkins, and UCLA. All three parts must be taken to get credit for the exam
- After completing the exam, click on Submit Results to receive credit at UCLA
- Print out the confirmation copy for yourself. UCLA will receive an electronic confirmation that you completed the process
Contact the UCLA Loan Services Office at (310) 825-9864 and choose Option 8 if you have problems with the exam. An email is sent 24-48 hours of a failed attempt at the exam with instructions on completing the skipped sections.