UCLA Anderson Forecast Presents:
September 2007 Economic Forecast Conference
Special Topic - Will Universal Healthcare Make Us Well?
WHAT: UCLA Anderson Forecast Economists will discuss their quarterly economic outlook for the nation and California regions. This quarter's special topic will focus on the economics of healthcare reform. A panel of industry experts will address the financial effects healthcare reform would have on businesses, the community, government and individuals.
- Edward Leamer, director, UCLA Anderson Forecast
- David Shulman, senior economist, UCLA Anderson Forecast
- Ryan Ratcliff, economist, UCLA Anderson Forecast
- Jerry Nickelsburg, economist, UCLA Anderson Forecast
- Bruce Bodaken, chairman, president & CEO, Blue Shield of California (Keynote)
- Richard Brown, founder & director, UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, Professor, UCLA School of Public Health
- William B. Caswell, SVP of Operations, Kaiser Permanente, Co-Chair of the Healthcare Committee, LA Chamber of Commerce
- Patricia Clarey, chief operating officer, Health Net, Inc
- Marian Mulkey, senior program officer, The California Healthcare Foundation
- John Ramey, senior health policy consultant for Governor Schwarzenegger
WHEN: Wednesday, September 12, 2007
- 7-8 a.m., Registration and Breakfast
- 8-11:15 a.m., Conference
WHERE: Ackerman Grand Ballroom, UCLA
PUBLIC REGISTRATION FEE: $350
CONTACT: Hilary Rehder, Office of Media Relations, (818) 689-5551 or email@example.com.