UCLA Anderson Forecast Presents:
March 2009 Economic Forecast Conference
Special Topic: Repairing the Financial Markets
WHAT: UCLA Anderson Forecast Economists will discuss their quarterly economic outlook for the Nation and California regions. Leading financial experts will discuss the repairing of the financial markets in a special panel session. Topics to be discussed at the conference include:
- The recession: How deep? How long?
- Will the stimulus work?
- When will the financial system return to "normal"?
- How will the financial system be fixed?
- When will the California housing market find a bottom?
- Will the budget fiasco in Sacramento drag California down?
WHO: UCLA Anderson Forecast Economists
- Edward Leamer, director, UCLA Anderson Forecast
- David Shulman, senior economist, UCLA Anderson Forecast
- Jerry Nickelsburg, senior economist, UCLA Anderson Forecast
- Harvey Pitt, chief executive officer, Kalorama Partners, LLC and 26th Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Christine M. Cumming, first vice president, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Joseph M. Otting, vice chairman, Commercial Banking Group, U.S. Bancorp
- Richard Roll, professor, Japan Alumni Chair in Finance, UCLA Anderson School of Management
WHEN: 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 25, 2009
7:00 - 8:00 a.m., Registration
8:00 - 12:00 p.m., Conference
WHERE: Ackerman Grand Ballroom, UCLA, 308 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
CONTACT: Hilary Rehder, Office of Media Relations, (818) 689-5551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.