December 10, 2012
UCLA Anderson Launches First Business School Magazine Designed Exclusively for the iPad
Custom designed app offers fully digital user experience
LOS ANGELES (December 3, 2012) -- UCLA Anderson School of Management today announced the launch of the first interactive business school alumni magazine designed exclusively as an iPad application. The free app for the redesigned publication, Assets Digital, is fully integrated in the iPad platform to provide users with a multi-dimensional and immersive storytelling experience.
“Assets Digital is an exciting new tool to share information with our students, alumni and faculty,” said Judy Olian, Dean of UCLA Anderson School of Management. “Assets Digital leverages the iPad platform to offer mobile and interactive connectivity and convenience to our community of users, wherever they are in the world. We’re proud that it’s the first of its kind among business school publications.”
Developed by the creators of the Fast Company iPad app, the new digital magazine uses Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite, an integration of InDesign CS5 tools with additional Adobe Publishing Technologies.
Features of the new app include:
- Real-time Twitter feeds and an up-to-the-minute calendar of events that delivers fresh content whenever a user returns to the app.
- Original video, photography and animated illustration.
- Control of the viewing experience with every screen so users can navigate and interact with the stories, view photo galleries, listen to interviews or watch videos connected to individual stories.
- An Alumni Hub screen that includes video, web links and access to social networks where alumni can connect—anytime, from anywhere.
- A pool of international award-winning visual artists and a growing roster of contributing writers published in outlets such as The New York Times, Businessweek, Fast Company and Los Angeles Times, providing a lively mix of copy and art that showcases content in captivating and intuitive ways on business, culture and technology.
“Assets Digital brings stories to life with media-rich and interactive features that go beyond standard business school print and digital publications,” said Eric Mokover, UCLA Anderson associate dean of external affairs and executive director of alumni relations. “This new app is another example of thoughtful experimentation at UCLA Anderson.”
“The new Assets allows our global alumni network of approximately 37,000 the opportunity to connect with Anderson in a dynamic way so that every issue becomes a networking event beyond the magazine itself,” said Glenn Lyday (’03), UCLA Anderson Alumni Board of Directors President. “This new publication can now easily connect our global audiences, whether they’re in San Francisco, Shanghai or Sao Paulo.”
Assets Digital is available now for free from the App Store on iPad or at tinyurl.com/assetsdigital. Tablet and mobile-friendly Assets Digital content is also accessible via the microsite: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/assets.
About UCLA Anderson School of Management
UCLA Anderson School of Management is among the leading business schools in the world. UCLA Anderson faculty members are globally renowned for their teaching excellence and research in advancing management thinking. Each year, UCLA Anderson provides a distinctive approach to management education to more than 1,800 students enrolled in its MBA, Fully-Employed MBA, Executive MBA, Global Executive MBA for Asia Pacific, Global Executive MBA for the Americas, Master of Financial Engineering, doctoral and executive education programs. Combining selective admissions, varied and innovative learning programs, and a world-wide network of 37,000 alumni, UCLA Anderson develops and prepares global leaders. Follow UCLA Anderson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/UCLAAnderson, or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/uclaanderson.
UCLA Anderson Office of Media Relations