April 23, 2003
Latin American Business Association Hosts Third Annual Latin American Conference at The Anderson School at UCLA
The Latin American Business Association at The Anderson School at UCLA presents its third annual Latin American Conference. The objectives of the conference are to:
- Cultivate and reinforce interest in business opportunities in Latin America
- Create an open forum for participants to share personal knowledge and business experiences in Latin America
- Organize a gathering of students, professionals, academics and government officials who are passionate about Latin America and the opportunities that this region presents
For more than 20 years, Latin America has been considered the next pole of economic development for a growing number of global companies. Increased investments in technology and education and continued economic and political stabilization in the region drive international companies to invest substantial amounts of capital and human resources in Latin America.
Morning keynote speakers include:
- Roberto Dañino, Peru’s ambassador to the United States and former Prime Minister of Peru
- Rogelio Rebolledo, president & CEO, Frito-Lay International
- Jose De Gregorio, board member of Chile’s Central Bank and ex-Minister of Economy, Energy & Mining
- Sebastian Edwards, Henry Ford II Professor of International Economics and former chief economist, Latin America and Caribbean region of World Bank
Concurrent afternoon panel sessions and participating companies are as follows:
- Finance: Banco Do Brasil, TCW, IAB Custom Media
- Entertainment: Warner Home Video, TuTv
- Marketing: Coca-Cola, Mattel
Friday, May 2, 2003; 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Korn Convocation Hall, The Anderson School at UCLA
LABA Members: $5; students and faculty: $10; general public: $40
Members of the media can register for the conference by
contacting The Anderson School's media relations office at (310) 206-7707
Members of the public can register for the conference at the Latin American Business Association’s Web site at: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/zone/clubs/lac/2003/
Parking for media will be available in Lot 4. Please contact Media Relations to reserve a permit.
Media Relations, (310) 206-7707, email@example.com