February 26, 2003
UCLA Anderson Forecast Conference to Examine Corporate Governance and Portfolio ManagementWHAT:
The next UCLA Anderson Forecast Conference titled, "Financial Earthquake and Aftershocks: Corporate Governance and Portfolio Management," will present essential information regarding corporate governance and portfolio management. UCLA Anderson Forecast economists Edward Leamer, Tom Lieser and Chris Thornberg will present their latest economic projections on the nation, California and Los Angeles. Panels of experts will discuss:
Forecast: Double Dip, Sluggish Growth or Back to Normal?
- Is there a locomotive to pull the economy?
- How hard will State budget cuts hit California and Los Angeles?
- Governance reforms: real or palliatives? How does the rest of the world do it?
Corporate Governance: How did CFO Get to be a Dirty Word?
- Ownership and control: can shareholders govern?
- Why boards are no longer bored.
Portfolio Management: Investing in your Mattress for the Long Run?
- Real Estate: A bubble bursting, or more appreciation ahead?
- Stocks: Will there be appreciation this year, finally?
WHEN: Wednesday, March 12, 2003
10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Anderson School at UCLA
Korn Convocation Hall
110 Westwood Plaza at Sunset Boulevard and Westwood
MEDIA: Please contact The Anderson School's media relations office at (310) 206-7707, or email@example.com for further information and/or to register for the conference.
OTHER: Members of the public should contact the UCLA Anderson Forecast office at (310) 825-1623 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to attend the conference. The conference is open to the public at a cost of $350.00 per quarter or through an annual membership.
For agenda updates, please visit http://forecast.anderson.ucla.edu.Contact Information
Media Relations, (310) 206-7707, email@example.com