Building the Communication Skills Necessary for Business Leadership
The Management Communication Program helps MBA students develop and hone their skills through the school’s course elective in communication (Management 422: Analysis and Communications) and through assistance provided in conjunction with selective MBA courses, as well as case and business-plan competitions.
The educational offerings of the Management Communication Program provide students with a valuable set of skills useful beyond Anderson and critical to the pursuit of successful careers in business. Students learn to:
- Develop communication strategies that take into account the audience, purpose and channels.
- Argue compellingly and coherently in a contested arena in which others vie for air time and resources.
- Translate technically challenging or industry-specific information for a non-specialist.
- Employ active listening skills to elicit information and opinions of others to build trust.
- Recognize challenges in cross-cultural communications.
- Collaborate with teams to produce documents and presentations.
- Perform effectively in impromptu speaking and question-and-answer situations.