Faculty Provide Thought Leadership in Theory and Practice
BusinessWeek has recognized the UCLA Anderson faculty as #1 in Intellectual Capital based on citations in 18 scholarly publications. Knowledge Assets are available online in the form of academic articles, practitioner articles, working papers, video clips and other learning resources. Research citations for the UCLA Anderson faculty are available on their individual bio pages.
Is the World Really Flat?
You've read the bestseller The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman, now read a thorough, passionate & entertaining review by professor Edward Leamer. Download the PDF file.
- American Marketing Association Honors Michael Trusov (Ph.D. '07), Anand Bodapati and Randy Bucklin With Paul E. Green Award
Paper demonstrates the most potential to contribute significantly to the practice of marketing research. more >
- Dr. Ariella Herman Receives Health Literacy Champions Award
Recognized for her groundbreaking work with the UCLA/Johnson & Johnson Health Care Institute (HCI). more >
- Burt Swanson Receives LEO Award of the Association for Information Systems
Honored for exceptional lifetime achievement. more >
- Richard Roll Named the 2009 IAFE/SunGard Financial Engineer of the YearNoted for studying interest rate behavior and arbitrage pricing theory. more >
- INFORMS Names Felipe Caro a Franz Edelman Laureate
Inventory allocation model cited as exceptional example of analytical decision making. more >
- Rakesh Sarin Receives Ramsey Medal
Professor Rakesh Sarin ('75), who holds UCLA Anderson's Paine Chair in Management, was selected winner of the 2009 Decision Analysis Society's Frank P. Ramsey Medal. It is the highest honor bestowed by the Society. more >
- Professor Sanford M. Jacoby Awarded Guggenheim Fellowship
Honored for his historical and comparative study of how labor movements in industrial nations have tried to shape financial markets and corporate governance through regulatory efforts and strategic use of pension assets. more >
- Paper by Francis Longstaff and Eduardo Schwartz is Among Top Downloads at The Review of Financial Studies
Read, Valuing American Options by Simulation: A simple least-squares approach.
- Paper by Michael Brennan is Among Top Downloads at The Review of Financial Studies
Read, "International Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange Risk," by Michael J. Brennan and Yihong Xia.
- Corinne Bendersky Receives Best Paper Prize at Academy of Management Conference
Paper connects managerial styles with perceptions of fairness. more >
- Francis Longstaff Wins Barclays Global Investors (BGI) Michael Brennan Award for Best Paper in The Review of Financial Studies
Honored for his paper, "Losing Money on Arbitrage: Optimal Dynamic Portfolio Choice in Markets with Arbitrage Opportunities." Read the winning paper (PDF).
- William Pierskalla Receives INFORMS President's Award
Cited for outstanding contributions to health care delivery. more >
UCLA Anderson faculty conduct research in a variety of specialized areas, some of which provide online resources.
- Behavioral Decision Making Group
- Business and Information Technologies (BIT)
- Information Systems Research Program (ISRP)
UCLA Anderson faculty share their research in brief videotaped interviews.
Books by UCLA Anderson Faculty
Books on wide-ranging topics in business and management.
Application of management theory to contemporary business practice.
The Working Papers Home Page features pre-publication research by UCLA Anderson faculty. Working papers can also be found linked to faculty bio pages.
The Marschak Colloquium provides a forum for interaction among faculty, students, and visitors interested in the applications of mathematics and statistics in the behavioral sciences. The Colloquium sponsors presentations by leading experts including faculty members from UCLA, other University of California campuses, and other universities or research institutes. The Marschak Colloquium Web site includes abstracts of presentations.
Browse research by the UCLA Anderson faculty available through the University of California's eScholarship Repository.