Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ ) about The UCLA Anderson Behavioral Lab
1. Do I need to be a UCLA student to participate in studies run in the Anderson Lab?
No, you do not need to be a UCLA student to participate, nor do you have to be associated with UCLA in any way. We are always looking for participants willing to take part in organizational and marketing studies.
2. Do I get paid for participating in Anderson Lab studies?
Yes. Most studies pay $10 - $20 per hour and take place either in the lab or on-line. You will be paid in cash, gift certificates, PayPal, or credit on your BruinCard (payment varies by study).
3. What kinds of studies will I participate in?
A majority of studies run in the Anderson Lab consist of short questionnaires and surveys. Most research focuses on decision-making, consumer behavior, or opinions on social issues. Many participants find the studies interesting and fun. None of our studies involve physical exertion or medical procedures.
4. How do I register with the Anderson Lab?
To register with the Anderson Lab you need to create an account at the following website: http://anderson.sona-systems.com. You will need a valid email address to register.
5. I just signed up to participate in an on-line study, what do I do now?
You will receive an email shortly linking you to a web-based survey.
6. Do I have to come in to the lab for an on-line study?
No. On-line studies can be completed on any computer connected to the internet.
7. How do I get paid for an on-line study?
Payments for online studies will either be emailed to you (e.g., Amazon.com gift certificates or PayPal credit) or credited to your BruinCard (if you are affiliated with UCLA). These types of payments are processed within 7 business days after you complete the study.
8. I just signed up to participate in an in-person study, what do I do now?
If you signed up for an in-person (i.e., lab) study, you will receive an email confirming the time and location of your study.
9. What do I need to bring with me for an in-person study?
Please bring a form of ID (e.g., student ID card or driver's license) for identification purposes.
10. What do I do if I have to cancel an appointment for an in-person study?
Log into Sona Systems and follow the cancellation instructions.
11. What time should I show up for an in-person study?
Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the survey.
12. Where is the Anderson Lab Located?
Lab facilities are located in the UCLA Anderson School of Management, Cornell Hall, 2nd floor, Computer Lab Area, Suite E-2.10b. For a map to our location please click here (we are located in quadrant E-3).
13. How do I get paid for an in-person study?
Payment for in-person studies will be made in cash or by crediting your BruinCard (if you are affiliated with UCLA).
14. How do I register for the Anderson Lab?
To register with the Anderson Lab please visit: http://anderson.sona-systems.com.
15. How do I unsubscribe from the Anderson Lab?
To unsubscribe from the Anderson lab click here.
16. How long does it take get paid with an Amazon.com gift certificate, PayPal, or credit to my BruinCard? How do I know when I get paid?
Payments are processed within 7 business days after you complete the study. Amazon.com and PayPal credits will be sent to the email address you provide at the end of each study. To check if your BruinCard has been credited for a completed study click here.
17. Is the information I provide secure?
Yes. The Anderson lab uses state-of-art technology to protect your identity. We work with Sona System and Qualtrics to manage our participant pool and to administer surveys, respectively. For more information on Sona System’s security technology click here. For information on Qualtrics’s security technology click here. Additionally, we do not associate identifying information with your survey responses. Finally, we only use your email address to contact you about research opportunities and to send you payments for completed studies. The Anderson Lab will never use your email for any other purpose.
18. My question still hasn’t been answered. What can I do?
If you have any more questions, please email email@example.com.