Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Class of 2000 UCLA Anderson Behavioral Lab
1. Do I need to be a UCLA student to participate in studies run in the Anderson Lab?
No, you do not need to be a UCLA student to participate, nor do you have to be associated with UCLA in any way. We are always looking for participants willing to take part in organizational and marketing studies.
2. Do I get paid for participating in Anderson Lab studies?
Yes. Most studies pay at the rate of $10 - $20 per hour and take place either in the lab or on-line. If the study is shorter than an hour, the payment will be adjusted using this rate. You will be paid via BruinCard deposit if you’re associated with UCLA or via Amazon.com Gift Certificate if you are not associated with UCLA.
3. What kinds of studies will I participate in?
A majority of studies run in the Anderson Lab consist of short questionnaires and surveys. Most research focuses on decision-making, consumer behavior, or opinions on social issues. Many participants find the studies interesting and fun. None of our studies involve major physical exertion or medical procedures.
4. How do I register with the Anderson Lab?
To register with the Anderson Lab you need to create an account at the following website: http://anderson.sona-systems.com. You will need a valid email address to register.
5. I just signed up to participate in an on-line study, what do I do now?
Please click on “View Study Website” on the study page to be directed to the web-based survey.
6. Do I have to come in to the lab for an on-line study?
No. On-line studies can be completed on any computer connected to the internet.
7. How do I get paid for studies?
Payments typically take 2-3 weeks to process. If you are getting paid via BruinCard, you will see a deposit on your transaction history. If you are getting paid via Amazon.com Gift Certificate, you will receive an email from Amazon.
8. I just signed up to participate in an in-person study, what do I do now?
If you signed up for an in-person lab study, you will receive an email confirming the time and location of your study.
9. What do I need to bring with me for an in-person study?
Please bring a form of ID (e.g., student ID card or driver's license) for identification purposes.
10. What do I do if I have to cancel an appointment for an in-person study?
Log into Sona Systems and follow the cancellation instructions. Please note, however, last minute cancelations are not permitted and each study has a cancelation deadline.
11. What time should I show up for an in-person study?
Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of the survey.
12. Where is the Anderson Lab Located?
Lab facilities are located in the UCLA Anderson School of Management, Cornell Hall, 2nd floor, Suite E-2.10. For a map to our location please click here.
13. How do I register for the Anderson Lab?
To register with the Anderson Lab please visit: http://anderson.sona-systems.com.
14. How do I unsubscribe from the Anderson Lab?
To unsubscribe from the Anderson lab click here.
15. Is the information I provide secure?
Yes. The Anderson lab uses state-of-art technology to protect your identity. We work with Sona System and Qualtrics to manage our participant pool and to administer surveys, respectively. We do not associate identifying information with your survey responses. We only use your email address to contact you about research opportunities and to send you payments for completed studies. The Anderson Lab will never use your email for any other purpose.
If you have any additional questions, please email the lab manager at email@example.com.