We regularly welcome visitors from other institutions in our group. Visitors can be PhD students from other institutions who perform part of their doctoral research at UCLA, or post-doctoral scholars who have just completed PhD training elsewhere, or visiting faculty who spend their sabbatical at UCLA.
Recent examples include:
- Professor José Antonio Alfaro Tanco [Universidad de Navarro, Pamplona, Spain]
- Raffaello Balocco [Politecnico di Milano]
- Professor Manel Baucells Alibes [Universidad de Navarra]
- Andrea Giaccobe [Politecnico di Milano]
- Giovanni Miragliotta [Politecnico di Milano]
- Professor María J. Montes [Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain]
- Professor Paolo Neirotti [Politecnico di Torino]
- Professor Jeh-Nan Pan [National Cheng-Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan]
- Professor Kwang-tae Park [Korea University, Seoul, Korea]
- Inneke van Nieuwenhuyse [Katholieke Universiteit Leuven]
We do not have a formal program for hosting visitors, and do not usually have funding available; however, whenever possible, we do provide some minimal resources such as workspace, computer account, library access, etc.
Appointments can be made at various levels (research associate, visiting scholar, postdoctoral scholar, visiting professor and others) depending on the circumstances. Appointments will usually be made directly via the DOTM area of the Anderson School and not through the UCLA Graduate Division, unless there are specific reasons to do so.
If you are interested in finding out if you are eligible to request a visiting scholar position at UCLA, please read our [Application Guidelines].