April 27-29, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
September 28-30, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Become a Guiding Force on Your Board
Gain what you need to guide and support your executive leadership team around the crucial issues of strategy, structure and succession. We offer a powerful combination of foundational topics and advanced insight on the most timely and pressing issues facing boards today, taught by world class UCLA Anderson faculty and distinguished speakers representing some of the nation’s most prestigious organizations. Whether a seasoned director or new to the responsibility, you will emerge from this three-day experience with greater powers to provide active, informed and independent guidance to your senior leadership team.
A Three-Day Immersion in Board Best Practices
- Becoming a Director: Current Governance Challenges
- Responsibilities of Today’s Boards of Directors
- Monitoring the Corporation’s SEC Reporting Requirements
- Understanding Director Reporting & Trading Rules
- Board’s Role in Succession Planning
- Key Accounting Considerations
Expanding Your Impact
- Involving the Board in Corporate Strategy
- Maintaining Director and Chair Independence
- Digging Deeper into Your Firm’s Financial Statements
- Identifying, Disclosing and Managing Enterprise Risk
- Ensuring Director Protection Mechanisms in Securities Litigation
- Managing Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Alliances
- Ensuring Effective Committees: Audit, Compensation, and Nominating & Governance
- Engagement with Activist Shareholders
At the close of Day 3 is the optional certification exam.
Immersing you and your peers from top companies nationwide in a unique blend of research driven, business and board viewpoints, this intensive experience covers the basics, then delves into today’s most complex issues from the boardroom.
You will emerge with a toolkit of boardroom best practices and comprehensive frameworks for handling emerging issues that will shape the future of your organization. Moreover, your personal and professional networks will strengthen and expand through program features such as the Networking Reception and Dinner that caps the first day of the program. Joining returning program alumni, you will hear from a distinguished speaker who will share insights on a pressing issue. Recent keynotes have included The Honorable Michael Oxley.
Who Should Attend?
Directors with all levels of experience and those who work closely with boards, including corporate secretaries and general counsel, will benefit from this program.
Upon successfully completing the three-day program, participants are eligible for 21.75 MCLE credits.
In partnership with NASDAQ OMX Education Foundation.