September 19, 2015 - February 8, 2016
February 20, 2016 - June 13, 2016
All sessions are held at UCLA Anderson's Center for Executive Education.
*Immersion Sessions Meet: Saturday - Monday.
**Evening Sessions Meet: Mondays: 2pm - 9pm.
Catalyze Positive Change
The Executive Program puts you on the leadership map with strategies, skills and acumen that will stretch your thinking and hone your abilities as a leader and a manager capable of achieving sustainable growth in your business. Encompassing all business functions of the global enterprise, a series of highly relevant, hands-on sessions galvanize your problem solving, team building and change management skills. UCLA Anderson faculty combine research-based expertise and real-world experience to deliver frameworks you and your peers can apply immediately and as your responsibilities increase… to catalyze positive change.
A comprehensive series of weekly sessions elevate and actualize your leadership and management skills in the following areas:
- Strategic and Personal Leadership
- Corporate Strategy
- Economics for Optimal Decisions
- Financial Accounting/Application Session
- Operational Excellence
- Managerial Accounting
- Creating a Marketing Strategy
- Leading Cross Cultural Teams
- Finance and Business Simulation
- HR Leadership
- Strategic Thinking for Leaders
- Managing Change
- Global Perspectives
Intense work, led by world-class faculty and fueled by peer synergy, challenges your ultimate potential and shows you how to reach it. Meanwhile our expert program team takes care of all the details while you are on campus so you can focus on what’s important: your development as a leader, capable of envisioning, communicating and implementing positive change in your business.
Experiential learning techniques that drive home the applicability of the program sessions and develop vital skills as a team builder, leader, and member, include:
- Three multi-day immersion sessions punctuate the program: the first takes a deep dive into your personal leadership style through the Birkman Method—a comprehensive personality assessment tool; the second focuses on a “roll up your sleeves” business simulation; and the third challenges you to expand your horizons with sessions on the global economy and cross-cultural communication.
- Hands-on simulations, taken from the current business world, force you to adapt to multiple team roles, excel at problem-solving, and swiftly master complexity, as you generate and stress-test ideas.
- A case competition closes out the program, drawing upon the application of all your acquired knowledge and enhanced leadership abilities. Your team skills will be put to the test as your group takes on a real business, marshals fact-based decision-making and devises a unique, practical solution to its challenges for review by an elite panel of judges.
- Throughout the program, you have privileged access to executive coaching that will help you clarify your goals and develop an action plan to sharpen the effectiveness of your leadership behaviors. Your UCLA Anderson professors remain engaged in your success and open to contact long after the program ends.
The outcome is leadership fluency across the enterprise. You will acquire the latest thinking on management challenges, with important takeaways ranging from your ability to analyze expenditures and investments, and devise strategic business models, to the unleashing of hidden reserves of creativity.
Not only will you gain knowledge of all key business functions, but you will also have a practical understanding of how they interrelate. You will harness the creative dynamics of team building, and you will hone the business acumen required to make informed, game-changing decisions in today’s economy.
You receive a certificate in general management from UCLA. And, as an added bonus, graduates of the Executive Program gain coveted UCLA Anderson alumni status, joining high-achieving leaders from premier organizations worldwide to share ideas, attack challenges and forge new opportunities.
The result: greater value and competitive advantage for your business, and new horizons for you as a catalyst for success.
Carol Scott - Faculty Director
Who Should Attend?
The Executive Program is UCLA Anderson's flagship non-degree certificate in general management and is designed for mid to senior level executives with a minimum of 7 to 10 years of management experience. Many global concerns rely on the program to prepare candidates for general management positions. Established entrepreneurs and other professionals rely on the program to expand their ability to take their businesses to the next level of success.
This program is approved to train veterans and other eligible persons.