Once you have found an apartment and have set up your utilities, it's time to consider what type of furniture and appliances you will possibly need. You'll find plenty of shopping options all over LA ranging from low-cost warehouse stores to high-end shops. So, whatever your budget is, you should be able to find what you need. To help you get started, we've listed below some of the more popular shopping options among UCLA Anderson students.
- IKEA: (There are two locations approximately 30-45 minutes from Westwood: Burbank) 600 N. San Fernando Blvd., Burbank, CA; and 20700 South Avalon Blvd., Carson, CA
- Bed, Bath and Beyond: 11801 W Olympic Blvd, LA
- Home Depot: 12975 Jefferson, Marina Del Rey
- Costco: 13463 Washington Blvd, Marina Del Rey
- Target: 10861 Weyburn Ave. (Westwood); 10820 Jefferson Blvd. (Culver City); 3535 S La Cienega Blvd., (LA)
- Wal-Mart: 4101 Crenshaw Blvd, LA
- Used furniture, etc. from other grad students that are leaving UCLA. Check with current students on the bulletin board.
- Used and even free furniture can be found on Craigslist.
Not all apartment rentals include a refrigerator. Some places to purchase one include:
- Appliance and hardware stores
- Class Bulletin Board - Sometimes, second-year students sell their old refrigerators.