On-campus parking at UCLA is somewhat limited. We strongly encourage you to view the flexible transportation options available for an alternative to driving alone to campus. With the BruinGo! Program, students can use their BruinCard (UCLA identification card) to ride many Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver City Bus lines to campus at a significantly reduced rate. In addition to saving money, these options are also good for the environment. To view the available options, go to: http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1004432.
Student Parking Permits
Students can apply for one of two general types of permits: a ridesharing permit (Carpool Parking Permit) or a non-ridesharing permit (Commuter Permit).
UCLA Parking Services has simplified the student parking application and prioritization process. Students interested in purchasing parking permits simply access the online parking application with their UCLA logon ID, and personalized parking options will be displayed based on campus data (class standing, housing status, graduate student major, etc.). Parking offers will be prioritized according to the class standing listed in the student database.
Highest priority is given to graduate students, followed by seniors and juniors, then sophomores and first year students. Carpooling students are given priority within each category. (Please note: Students must be registered for the current term to apply for parking.)
- All commuter students qualify for parking. Students living in 90024 will need to pay the residence hall rate to permit garaging a vehicle on campus.
- Students living on campus will need to have a local, verifiable, current, continuous and off-campus job or class course apprenticeship to qualify for parking (excluding Regents Scholars).
- Carpool groups that apply on time are given priority for carpool permits at a discounted rate. All members must meet Carpool Parking Requirements.
Application and payment deadlines are firm. No exceptions.
Parking Application Instructions
Apply online at www.parking.ucla.edu for 2013-14 Annual or Fall Quarter permits.
- Applications are available from July 1st -July 26th (please note that original start date was listed as June 17th but was altered by the UCLA Parking Office)
- When applying, you will need to select the option to pay for the entire year or to pay only for the Fall Quarter. Full payment is due within 3 business days of application submission. Log-in to URSA and check your BruinBill account to make the payment within 3 business days of submitting your application.
- You must have a valid California address that facilitates a commute to UCLA.
- If you are not moving to the Los Angeles area before the July 26th deadline and do not know the zip code for your future residence, enter zip code 90095. Update your address on URSA when you know it.
- If you miss the July 26th application deadline for Fall Quarter permits or you miss your payment deadline, you may reapply for parking on a first-come, first-served basis. Check www.transportation.ucla.edu for details.
- Carpools are only issued on a quarterly basis, and must re-apply for parking every quarter. Annual carpool permits are not available. For more information, go to http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1001193.
- Graduate students living in Weyburn Housing will need to apply for parking through the Weyburn Rental Office. For more information call (310) 983-1300.
- Graduates living in zip code 90024 who are offered individual parking will need to apply every quarter and pay the resident hall rate. Otherwise, you will need to seek alternative commuting modes. Go to http://map.ais.ucla.edu/go/1004432.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES Please mark your calendars. Students are responsible for meeting all application and payment deadlines. No exceptions.
Application Acceptance/Deadline Dates:
- Apply for Fall Quarter/Annual - July 1-July 26, 2013 (please note that original start date was listed as June 17th but was altered by the UCLA Parking Office)
- Apply for Winter Quarter/Annual - September 24-October 18, 2013
- Apply for Spring Quarter/Annual - January 6-20, 2014
Payment Acceptance/Deadline Dates:
Full payment is due within 3 business days of application submission. Log-in to URSA and check your BruinBill Account to make the payment within 3 business days of submitting your application.
If you miss the application deadline or the payment deadline, you may reapply on a first-come, first-served basis after July 26th. Check www.transportation.ucla.edu for details.
Renewal - Payment Acceptance/Deadline Dates:
If you choose to only pay the quarter, you will be required to pay the renewal fee in order to continue your parking privileges.
- Winter Quarter Renewal - September 20-October 10, 2013
- Spring Quarter Renewal - January 3-17, 2014
Parking Permit Fees 2013-14:
Commuter Student (individual)
Weyburn/ 90024 Residents:
Campus Permit Effective Dates:
|Annual||September 16, 2013-June 15, 2013|
|Fall Quarter||September 16-December 31, 2013|
|Winter Quarter||January 1-March 23, 2014|
|Spring Quarter||March 24-June 15, 2014|