English Language Proficiency Examinations (TOEFL and IELTS)
Succeeding in the UCLA Anderson MBA Program requires prior mastery of English. TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all applicants EXCEPT those from a select list of countries. For more information please refer to UCLA Graduate Division Office English requirements.
Student Visas: UCLA works with newly-admitted students to obtain a visa from the U.S. government as follows:
- If you need a visa, you must first submit your acceptance of our offer of admission. After your acceptance has been processed, you will be sent a link to the forms required to apply for a visa.
- Almost all international students get an F-1 visa. After reviewing all documentation, UCLA sends a Form I-20 for you to obtain the actual visa at a U.S. consulate in your home country.
- Students sponsored by an organization or firm may get a J-1 visa instead, after receiving a Form DS-2019 from UCLA.
- U.S. government regulations only allow students to enter the United States in early July, a few weeks before the mandatory class orientation program begins.
- For information regarding student visas, please consult the Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars.