GMAT: You are required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). We prefer GMAT scores as the common denominator by which we have historically compared candidates, but we accept the GRE now as well.
- Within the MBA application, you must report the test date and score you want the Admissions Committee to evaluate.
- Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT or GRE office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
- The GMAT or GRE test date must be between April 1, 2010 and April 30, 2015 for scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
- Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-24). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
- Official GRE score reports are sent via hard-copy upon your request from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the school code 0771).
- We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
- No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
- For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT or GRE website.
TOEFL and IELTS English Proficiency Examinations: If you were educated in a foreign language, you must prove your English fluency by taking either the TOEFL or IELTS test. Almost all UCLA Anderson admits taking the TOEFL have over 100 on the TOEFL IBT, or 610 on the TOEFL paper-based test, or 7.0 overall on the IELTS.
- If you were educated solely in English for your undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree, you do not have to take the TOEFL.
- International candidates educated in English are still strongly advised to take the TOEFL or IELTS to prove their fluency level to both the Admissions Committee and to U.S. visa officers.
- No preference is given to either language test and all scores will be evaluated in conjunction with GMAT verbal scores and the AWA (Analytical Writing Assessment) to determine your true proficiency level.
- Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by you or officially by the testing firm), and applications are only reviewed in the round during which your scores are submitted.
- The test date must be between April 1, 2013 and April 30, 2015, for TOEFL or IELTS scores to be valid, but not later than the deadline date for the round in which you are applying.
- Official TOEFL score reports are sent electronically upon your request from ETS to UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions (with the School Code 4837-02). Official scores are required for admission but not for applying. IELTS scores are sent by hard-copy mail upon your request.
- The English exam requirement can only be waived if you have an undergraduate or graduate degree from a program where all coursework was in English.
- Work experience in English is not sufficient for a waiver of the language exam requirement.
- More information on the university's testing rules for all international applicants is available under UCLA Graduate Division's English requirements.
- UCLA has minimum fluency standards for graduate admissions as shown on their pages.