UCLA Anderson Finance Faculty Achievements by the Numbers
#1 Ranked finance faculty in research publications in the four leading peer-reviewed journals by Financial Management Association.
4 of UCLA Anderson finance faculty have served as presidents of the American Finance Association - an accomplishment unmatched by any other institution.
# 7 - UCLA Anderson's finance program rating by business school deans and MBA program directors in the 2010 U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- Daniel Andrei, assistant professor
- Antonio E. Bernardo, professor; Ph.D., Economics, Stanford University; corporate finance, information in financial markets
- Michael J. Brennan, professor emeritus, Ph.D., Finance, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; asset pricing; portfolio strategy
- Bruce Ian Carlin, assistant professor; Ph.D., Finance, Duke University; corporate finance, household finance
- Bhagwan Chowdhry, professor; Ph.D., Finance, University of Chicago; international finance, corporate finance and strategy
- Stuart A. Gabriel, professor; Arden Realty Chair; Ph.D., Economics, University of California, Berkeley; real estate finance and economics, urban economics
- Mark J. Garmaise, assistant professor; Ph.D., Finance, Stanford University; corporate finance, financial contracting, venture capital, real estate
- Robert L. Geske, associate professor; Ph.D., Finance, UC Berkeley; asset pricing; derivatives; volatility estimation; credit risk
- Mark S. Grinblatt, professor; J. Clayburn LaForce Endowed Chair in Management; Ph.D., Economics, Yale University; empirical and theoretical asset pricing, corporate finance
- Jason Hsu, adjunct assistant professor; Ph.D., Finance, University of California, Los Angeles; international finance, equity premium puzzle, optimal portfolio allocation
- Francis A. Longstaff, professor; Allstate Professor of Insurance and Finance; Ph.D., Finance, University of Chicago; fixed income markets, derivative securities, liquidity issues, credit derivatives
- Hanno Lustig, associate professor; Ph.D., Economics, Stanford University; asset pricing, macroeconomics, international finance
- Richard Roll, professor; Japan Alumni Chair in International Finance; director, Center for Finance and Investments; Ph.D., Economics, Finance, University of Chicago; financial economics, monetary theory, statistics
- Eduardo S. Schwartz, professor; California Chair in Real Estate and Land Economics; Ph.D., Finance, University of British Columbia; option pricing, valuation of fixed income securities and commodity derivatives, evaluation of natural resources investments, valuation of mortgage-backed securities, real options
- Avanidhar Subrahmanyam; professor; Goldyne and Irwin Hearsh Chair in Money and Banking; Ph.D., Finance, UCLA; investor psychology, determinants of stock returns, market liquidity
- Walter Torous, professor; Lee and Seymour Graff Professor, Finance Area Chair; Ph.D., Economics, University of Pennsylvania; managerial finance, pricing of financial instruments, reorganization of financial distressed firms