GMAT/GRE and TOEFL
- Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by the candidate or officially by the GMAT or GRE office), and applications are only reviewed in the round when scores are received.
- The GMAT or GRE test is valid for five years.
- Official GMAT score reports are sent electronically upon your request from Pearson VUE to UCLA Anderson MFE Admissions (with the School Code 2NZ-2F-21). Official scores are required for enrollment but not for applying.
- Official GRE score reports are sent via hard-copy upon your request from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to UCLA Anderson MFE Admissions (with the Institution Code 5988).
- We primarily evaluate your top score, but all scores reported to UCLA Anderson are visible to the Admissions Committee.
- No minimum GMAT is required, and the Admissions Committee has the flexibility to consider all scores in the context of your overall academic preparation and management potential.
- For further information and testing arrangements, please visit the GMAT or GRE website.
TOEFL and IELTS English Proficiency Examinations: If you were educated in a foreign language or your native language is not English, you must prove your English fluency by taking either the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Although the minimum TOEFL score accepted by UCLA is 87 (and 7.0 for IELTS), almost all UCLA Anderson MFE admits taking the TOEFL have over 100 on the TOEFL IBT, or 610 on the TOEFL paper-based test, or 7.0 overall on the IELTS.
- The TOEFL is also required for candidates who attended a university where the medium of instruction was English, but the official language of the country was not English (this includes Singapore and India).
- International students who hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a university located in the United States, U.K., Canada or Australia or who have completed at least two years of full-time study at such an instutition are exempt from these requirements.
- No preference is given to either language test and all scores will be evaluated in conjunction with GMAT/GRE verbal scores and the AWA (Analytical Writing Assessment) to determine your true proficiency level.
- Applications cannot be reviewed without complete test scores (as self-reported by you or officially by the testing firm), and applications are only reviewed in the round during which your scores are submitted.
- Official TOEFL score reports are sent electronically upon your request from ETS to UCLA Anderson MFE Admissions (with the School Code 4837-02). Official scores are required for admission but not for applying. IELTS scores are sent by hard-copy mail upon your request.
- Work experience in English is not sufficient for a waiver of the language exam requirement.
- More information on the university's testing rules for all international applicants is available under UCLA Graduate Division's English requirements.
- UCLA has minimum fluency standards for graduate admissions as shown on their pages.