EssaysYou are required to submit two essays as part of your online application to the MFE program and have the option of providing one additional optional essay. The application essays help the Admissions Committee become acquainted with applicants as individuals, and demonstrate an applicant's ability to write concisely and economically.
- It is important that applicants respond to essay questions candidly and completely. Essays that fall significantly below the required word count will hurt your overall application.
- Essays must be written by the applicant. If it is determined that an essay submitted has been written by anyone other than the applicant, the applicant will be denied admission.
- Financial engineering requires a combination of mathematical/quantitative abilities and creative thinking. Describe a project you worked on, either as a student or professional, that demonstrates your analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Tell us why this project was interesting to you. (maximum 750 words)
- Why does a career in quantitative finance appeal to you? Based on your abilities and what you know about careers in financial engineering, why do you think this is the right career path for you? (maximum 750 words)
- Feel free to provide any other information you think would help us evaluate your potential to succeed in the program. (maximum 375 words)