- The UCLA Anderson MFE Admissions Committee uses the transcript copies you upload with your application to do a preliminary evaluation of your academic qualifications.
- Transcripts from all educational institutions attended must be uploaded in the online application. Only admitted candidates should send us official hard-copy documents upon request.
- List on your application all of the educational institutions you have attended since graduating from high school, regardless of the period of attendance, whether or not the work was completed, and whether or not the work was related to your proposed field of study.
- International Applicants: We evaluate all international education within the context of each country's system. Records needed from schools outside the United States include multiple documents as described on the International Applicants page. We understand the differing rigor of schools and grading scales around the world, and we always evaluate academics within their own context, without converting them to any other system. Grades on scales other than the American 4.0 standard should NOT be converted for reporting purposes on the application. There is no need to send us transcript evaluations from an outside agency, since UCLA conducts its own evaluation.
- A candidate for admission to the MFE program must hold at least a 4-year bachelor's degree from a college or university of fully recognized standing.
- While no specific undergraduate major is required, most students will have a degree in quantitative subject matters such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, physics, etc.
- Applicants who have attended institutions outside the United States should have completed 16 years of study, 12 of these at the elementary and secondary school levels and four at the college level.
- Evidence of strong quantitative skills is required of all candidates, regardless of undergraduate major.