Information for Companies
Global Executive MBA for the Americas Management Practicum provides companies across the world the opportunity to engage a team of senior executives for an intensive consulting project. The companies benefit from a complete, in-depth strategic business plan, while the students gain further insight into management by applying the analytical tools and frameworks acquired in the program to real-life business and organizational dilemmas.
The GEMBA Americas team addresses the client's key issues through independent research and analysis. Teams work to define and solve strategic problems, explore business opportunities, enhance organizational competitiveness, and improve organizational and managerial effectiveness. The end result is an independent consulting report that offers the organization a creative and implementable solution to a specific business problem.
The teams consist of senior executives with an average of 13 years of work experience. The students come from various functional backgrounds, diverse industry backgrounds and are based in different countries across the Americas and Europe. The students lend a joint set of diverse and unique perspectives to develop innovative solutions to the company's business problems.
Company Selection Criteria and Investment Requirements
- A defined company need for a research and consulting project
- Support from company senior executives with willingness to share information, esp. through provision of access to relevant contacts and information (internally and externally)
- Senior management participation in project launch and final presentations on site or virtually
- Minimum sponsorship of US$5,000 to cover the project team's expenses for travel, communications and if applicable, purchase of data and reports*
* Additional financial sponsorship may be required depending on project scope and team needs
Recent Company Participants
California Olive Ranch
Empresa ICA, S.A.B. de C.V.
Average years of work experience: 13
Country of Origin:
|Application Deadline||November 30, 2013|
|Practicum Launch||January 5-18, 2014||UAI in Santiago, Chile|
|Final Presentations||July 6-19, 2014||UCLA Anderson School of Management in Los Angeles, California|