The UCLA Anderson Export Champions program provides a unique opportunity for California-based small and medium-sized enterprises (SME's) to develop their export business plans necessary for growth. The program works by pairing a SME with an MBA executive team to conduct primary and secondary research in a target foreign market over the course of six months. The final deliverable for the SME is a professional-grade business plan with strategic analysis. Export Champions has been created in support of the federal National Export Initiative (NEI) in association with the California State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP).
Key Benefits Include:
- Extensive primary and secondary market research and analysis.
- Identification of and initial contacts with a set of potential foreign buyers and/or partners for international business expansion.
- Detailed financial, management and market analyses that support strategic recommendations to accelerate your organization’s export strategy.
- Access to UCLA Anderson’s extensive network of professionals and expert faculty advisors, recently ranked #1 in Intellectual Capital by BusinessWeek.
- Access to the school’s database of relevant industry statistics and analysis.
- A low-risk opportunity to develop internal company capacity and commitments for growing their company internationally.
- Financial support for international market field research.
Commitment Required By Your Organization
Time: A minimum of one lead executive and one secondary contact are required to spend 1-2 hours per week working with the research team over the 20 week program. Companies must commit to having two members of senior executive management at a program kick-off and at their team's final presentation.
Program Fees: UCLA Anderson Export Champions programs are run on three different timelines. Traditionally, program fees for UCLA Anderson MBA field study projects are $15,000 including team travel expenses. However, those organizations accepted into the California STEP Export Champions program may qualify for an award to offset some program fees.
Executive Director for Marketing, Field Study Programs
UCLA Anderson School of Management
Tel (310) 206-5712 | Fax (310) 206-9294
For further information about the STEP program and its work with the Los Angeles Regional Export Council (LARExC) please contact:
Professor Robert S. Spich
Tel (310) 206-6461 or email@example.com